Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Wind Deflectors

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 06:05 AM
Default Wind Deflectors

I finally got around to fitting my wind deflectors last night.

It's an easy enough job, apart from inserting the clips (If anyone thinks they can get the clips in without the window rubber removed forget it), and remember the clip right at the front on the front door deflector is slightly different, easily overlooked even tho they come in a seperate bag.

The windows have to be down and the rubbers pulled out and as mine is a 4WORK model my rear windows have been de-activated, the switches at the drivers door have been isolated and the switches on the rear doors have a plate welded over them so I thought EASY! I'll just take off the innner panels and operate the switch from underneath. But oh no! not only are the switches welded over from the top but they also removed the whole damn switch as well. I had to take my front passenger door apart as well to borrow the switch and was praying that the wiring was at least still active in the back, luckily it was.

Name:  complete.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  35.8 KB

Name:  complete1.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  53.0 KB

Name:  complete2.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  52.9 KB

Old 05-27-2007, 07:24 AM
Default RE: Wind Deflectors

Are thoes in channel visors and where did you find htem?

Old 05-27-2007, 08:00 AM

Japanese importOEM (beware of cheap stick-on fakes which don'thave a bracket clippedinto the window frame ridge which will blow off)

Name:  winddeflectors.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  20.4 KB

Name:  rubberpulledout.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  24.7 KB

Name:  clips.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  14.8 KB

Old 05-27-2007, 09:47 AM

Nice - seeing them up close has resolved my fear they would give a "cluttered" look. Have you tested them on the M1 yet?

( I was going to ask what effect they have on the back pressure/buffeting issue with rear window down but I dont suppose you wish tobreak your windows to answer! )

Old 05-27-2007, 11:56 AM

Only been down the road so far butthe M1 is less than 3 minutes from my house. I met up with the buyer of my steel Outie wheels on the M1 services this morning and did the deal!
Have you never seen these on an Outie before now?

I have an endless supply of photos.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  34.7 KB Name:  2.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  38.2 KB

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  38.0 KB Name:  4.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  30.4 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  36.6 KB

Old 05-27-2007, 07:25 PM

Those deflectors are sick! I have yet to see them on any outie in so cali...but I like it!!! I think I need some...why they gotta be so pricey??

Mo'Money, Mo'Money when you have No'Money...

Old 05-27-2007, 10:36 PM

Looks great... hey Ill trade my roof rack for your headlight trim and grille.Thats a pretty snazzy work truck.

So on the rubber door gasket you just pull? or is there a special move to it. Do you really notice a difference on wind flow, what about all the way down.

Old 05-28-2007, 02:42 AM

ORIGINAL: zontarh

Only been down the road so far butthe M1 is less than 3 minutes from my house.
Well then, get on it boy!

I had seen them before but never actually "thought" about how they looked until you started appendaging the "base" work truck Outie. Your spoiler and these trims really look sharp - I've got a dark blue XLS with roof rackso seeing your last pic really helps - even though non-Japanese cars don't have the blind spot/parallel parking mirror I much prefer your mods over the roof rack versions.

Old 05-28-2007, 01:22 PM

ORIGINAL: BoldlyGoingNowhere

Looks great... hey Ill trade my roof rack for your headlight trim and grille.Thats a pretty snazzy work truck.

So on the rubber door gasket you just pull? or is there a special move to it.

No need to trade I can let a set of these go for a mere £106, BARGAIN! you even get one for each side included in the price, now I can't say fairer than that!

Name:  Headlampbezel.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  34.6 KB

You need to get a small scewdriver in under the door rubber from the inside to start it off, then just pull it out

Old 05-28-2007, 10:00 PM

Thanks for the info on the window trim.

Are the light trims OEM? Out of all the non US trims I like that one a lot (so far ) Are they an adhesive trim, or is it a light cover.

Now I just need to start saving up, its 200+ USD (I think) Ill let you know when I get there

Quick Reply: Wind Deflectors