Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Window tinting not needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 05:07 AM
Default Window tinting not needed

Been reading post were people want to tint their front windows and it peels off. The glass used on all 07 outlanders does not need tinting the reason why is that Mitsubishi have fitted solar glass which stops UV rays and the specialglass keeps the inside nice and cool when left in the sun.

Yet again dealerships do not know their product otheir wise we would have been told when buying our cars.

Puddy

Old 10-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Default RE: Window tinting not needed

I want the symmetry look though.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:55 PM

........i have limo tint on back hatch and rear "fixed' windows.
medium tint on front and rear roll-ups.
6" wide strip of limo on upper windshield.

much cooler inside , easier to "read" the dash-board displays, and.............loooks better too.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:21 PM

I just tinted front 2 windows and it's good enough. Ideally I would tint 15% all around, but 5% on the back is overkill because of low visibility.

Old 10-11-2007, 05:33 PM

I'm a pimp and I don't want people sneaking free peeks at my ho's. [8D]

Old 10-11-2007, 05:52 PM

Yeah, but people like ME want the front windows tinted as well. A: to match the other windows, and B: keep it darker. I mean I shouldnt have to explain why people want their windows tinted.

And solar glass is yes cool, but they are not tinted. And if you have tint applied correctly to your car, it doesnt peel off.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:39 PM

I live in Nj and I cant tint the driver and pass window or the front windshield.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:37 PM

ORIGINAL: tdford

Yeah, but people like ME want the front windows tinted as well. A: to match the other windows, and B: keep it darker. I mean I shouldnt have to explain why people want their windows tinted.

And solar glass is yes cool, but they are not tinted. And if you have tint applied correctly to your car, it doesnt peel off.
Here in the UK we cannot tint the front windows. I only started this link about solar glass because on other posting some guys from Australia said they wanted to tint the front windows to keep the temp down inside the car!!! No one said you had to explain why you wanted to tint the windows chill out!!!!

Puddy

Old 10-12-2007, 10:48 AM

.....puddy is correct. i don't think the outlander NEEDS to be have the glass tinted from a technical standpoint.
..i WANTED to tint the windows because mostly i like the way it looks.

the "strip" at the top of the windshield is a must do.
it helps with forward vision much more than i thought it would.

Old 10-13-2007, 02:35 AM

Puddy,

I had my front door windows donebefore I collected the carwhich may explain why I have no issue with radio display brightness in direct sunlight. I also have a double limo layer on the rear screen and the 2 rear door glassand quarters have 100% black non transparent film. Hense having a rear view camera was absolutely essential.

Quick Reply: Window tinting not needed