Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Windshield Washer Bottle leaking

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 12:28 PM
Default Windshield Washer Bottle leaking

Hey folks, I noticed this winter that my windshield washer bottle was leaking.
Has anyone replaced/fixed/removed/replaced one of these? What does that entail removing?

I think I may have to remove the front pass wheel cover to get to it, with nice weather coming I will be wanting to check this; it's possible that it could be one of the hoses.

How hard is it to do this.

For the record, I replaced the alternator this fall, so I think I could handle it, just looking at some advice/tips.

Thanks

Old 05-27-2021, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by teredactle
Hey folks, I noticed this winter that my windshield washer bottle was leaking.
Has anyone replaced/fixed/removed/replaced one of these? What does that entail removing?

I think I may have to remove the front pass wheel cover to get to it, with nice weather coming I will be wanting to check this; it's possible that it could be one of the hoses.

How hard is it to do this.

For the record, I replaced the alternator this fall, so I think I could handle it, just looking at some advice/tips.

Thanks
How do you finally resolve this ? I have the same problem…I don’t understant what causes the crack.

Old 05-27-2021, 09:04 PM

Unfortunately not, as I never was able to find any writeup or info on how much time this would take, and I am not able to venture into this repair without knowing this info up front.

Old 05-31-2021, 01:35 AM
Default Grommet

It may seem like the bottle is leaking but generally it's the grommet that seals where the pump stem goes in at the bottom. It can also be the round swivel where the 2 hoses go in...... This is very similar to the Outlander
I just removed 2 pushpins and pulled back splashshield propping it open with a small screwdriver.

There are also utubes on gluing cracks in the tank..

Good luck

Old 06-01-2021, 03:17 AM
Default washer

Forgot to mention, unlike the Hyundai there's a long 4 in. black stem/pipe from the pump going down thru the grommet. Be sure to pry the entire pump up with a screwdriver so the stem clears before pulling out the pump.

Old 01-04-2022, 05:06 AM

Thanks for the video link. I will share it with my friend because he is also facing the same issue. If you find your problem solution, please share it with us. By the way, do you want to read the business plan of goat farming online then you can visit ogscapital.com website where you will find them in brief?

Last edited by CandaceWDavis; 02-02-2022 at 07:27 AM.