Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Wireless Headphones

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Default Wireless Headphones

Just bought an Outlander 2007 XLS. the plastic wireless headphones lasted about 2 hours then split. It doesn't look like the dealer thinks its a warranty issue.

Anyone else with a simlar problem?

Are there any other brands that might be compatible?

Old 10-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Default RE: Wireless Headphones

HeyHey! I just bought an Outlander too....Did you break the headphones, if was it broken when bought? Stupid of me didn't check mine then I pick it up 2 days ago. My outlander was a Dealer's Demo, and headphone was broken when I try to use it another day, it was split. I call the dealer, they said it will not cover by the warrety.

Old 10-23-2007, 05:49 PM

My son put them on and they split right where the thin part becomes thick again. Obviously if they are lasting less than a week there is an issue. I mean its meant to be used by kids right? Our's seemed ok when we got them. But they have not been abused in any way. labas@lockspace.com

Old 10-23-2007, 06:01 PM

Ya, I know what u mean, the part where you can adjust right?? But the sad part for me is that I didn't break them, and still they wont give me a new one....Grrrrrrrr

Old 10-23-2007, 09:26 PM

Absolutely warranty. No question. Take it back in or to another dealer. Be sure to take it to service, not back to your salesman. The could give a **** less.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:32 PM

If you want to replace or add a set of headphones--the Clarion IR700 model works--they were only $40 CAD--at an audio shop..so U.S. owners should be able to find for less...

Old 10-23-2007, 09:59 PM

ORIGINAL: evoracer

Absolutely warranty. No question. Take it back in or to another dealer. Be sure to take it to service, not back to your salesman. The could give a **** less.
I call the dealer. No Warranty or replacement. AND I didn't break mine too, it was broken when I got my Outie. Call them, said Nope, warranty not cover!

Old 10-23-2007, 10:00 PM

ORIGINAL: bleacherbum

If you want to replace or add a set of headphones--the Clarion IR700 model works--they were only $40 CAD--at an audio shop..so U.S. owners should be able to find for less...
Do you have a URL that shows the headphones? Which audio shop you found them in??

Old 10-23-2007, 10:13 PM

You could also check one from Ebay, bought a couple of IR Headphones for around AU$70.00 and it works well with the rear entertainment unit. My kids used it often than the supplied headphone since it's more comforatble and has bigger ear muffs. Also, if it got broke not much headache since it's quite cheap. So far the 2 units I bought is still working perfectly eventhough the kids has used it a lot.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2x-Wireless-I...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 10-23-2007, 10:30 PM

ORIGINAL: vrx26

You could also check one from Ebay, bought a couple of IR Headphones for around AU$70.00 and it works well with the rear entertainment unit. My kids used it often than the supplied headphone since it's more comforatble and has bigger ear muffs. Also, if it got broke not much headache since it's quite cheap. So far the 2 units I bought is still working perfectly eventhough the kids has used it a lot.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2x-Wireless-I...QQcmdZViewItem
Do you have this unit? It is just buy, and use??

Quick Reply: Wireless Headphones