Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Worth getting the Nav ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 04:26 PM
Default Worth getting the Nav ?

I have a question regarding the Mitsubishi Multi Communication System. I live in Denmark, Europe and the car is really popular here, I had a Test drive few weeks ago and loved it. Unfortunately the dealer sold the test car because the queue at this moment to get a new car is 3-4 months!! You can’t get a test drive at any dealer because they are all sold their cars...[8D]
There are few differences between the Europe and the US car. The car in Europe comes with a 2.0 Volkswagen Diesel engine and u can’t get a sunroof installed because it supposedly significantly reduces the cars safety in this model... Anyways to get to the point, I’m getting the best version there is but it does not come with the Nav. Is it worth getting it? What functions does it have over the standard radio ( besides the music server )? How detailed are the maps of Europe?
And another thing. If I order the car today it is going to arrive in September, is it worth waiting 1-2 months more and getting the 2008 model? Can anyone tell me what kind of “new” features might I expect from the 2008 car?

Old 04-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Default RE: Worth getting the Nav ?

Where are you zontarh? Get to work.

I can say that I never had a GPS navigation unit and this is my first one. For North America I have found the maps to be right on. It pin points me on the road exactly where im at. I can't say one bad thing about how accurate the maps are so far.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:44 PM

I love my Magellan Navi thats in my 06 Outlander.....I would reccomend getting the MMCS if you get a new outlander looks awesome

Old 04-21-2007, 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: antlip

Where are you zontarh? Get to work.
I'm right here dude!

Firstly the sunroof you are talking aboutmust bean after market one which would be cut into your existing roof, am I right? If not i'm at a loss unless safety laws are much tighter in Denmark, the Euro model's top spec comes with factory sunroof in the UK along with sat nav as stock. Here's a pic of a map on a Euro nav, can't say how much more detailit wouldgive as this is the only pic i've seen showing a map.

Old 04-23-2007, 01:25 PM

The nav unit is awesome. I'm not sure how I lived without one.

I don't know what the maps are like for Europe, but I've yet to find a problem with the Canadian ones (even driving down relatively obscure back roads).