Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

XLS features USA vs Canada

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 08:25 AM
Default RE: XLS features USA vs Canada

In Europe you have a button in the trunk area you push and the seats both fold up. They also pay around 45,000$ USD for their outlander though. To put one in an outlander that doesnt have it sounds like a big project. You have to put in the thing that releases the seats and wire it up to a button. Then pray that your seats flip forward with out any help at all.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:15 PM

Actually I'd be curious if they use a solenoid to release. If so, this mod might be easier then we think!

Plus, just think of the possibilities - a$$ sitting in the back getting on your nerves? Push the button and poof, new dental work required.

Old 06-16-2007, 04:46 PM

That could be why it's not offered in North America. Maybe it's already wired to handle it.

Old 06-16-2007, 10:40 PM

This would be a nice to have feature. RAV4, CX7 and others have it. Perhaps Mitsu will put in more features in later and jack up the price accordingly.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:26 PM

Did the HID swap occur?

I was told don't do it, the fitted XLS uses the fogs as the DRL's, the non fitted use the headlight. I was also told the wiring harness isn't rated for straight forward swaps. Something to do with the leather/heated option there is a transformer (?) to correct/boost the voltage which the headlights tap from and lower amperage is drawn so larger wire harnesses were not necessary.

I don't claim to be up to speed on amperage draws on a Halo vs. HID in automobiles.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:49 AM

Hi guys,

I am from Australia and it's quite interesting to know some of the features of Outlanders from different countries. Mine is called VRX which is equivalent to US/Canada XLS. It's also the top of the line V6 and includes standard Rockford Fosgate sounds system, Rear entertainment DVD, reverse sensor, leather seats, bluetooth, carpet mats, AWD on demand system, cargo cover, one touch push button control to fold the second seats, standard 3rd row seats and FAST key.

Sad thing though is we cannot option the sunroof if you got 7 seats becuase of the standard rear entertainment DVD. But as same in the States/Canada, accessories here are quite hard to get even on ebay. I even have to get some rear body side garnish from zontarh. I'll post some pics of the Aussie Outlander once I installed the garnish. I got also some tricks to make the third row seats more comfy for the young ones.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:20 AM

ORIGINAL: vrx26

Sad thing though is we cannot option the sunroof if you got 7 seats becuase of the standard rear entertainment DVD. But as same in the States/Canada, accessories here are quite hard to get even on ebay. I even have to get some rear body side garnish from zontarh. I'll post some pics of the Aussie Outlander once I installed the garnish. I got also some tricks to make the third row seats more comfy for the young ones.
The RSE install kit actually comes in two versions, one for "w/ sunroof" and the other for "w/o sunroof". I guess it was a marketing decision why Mitsubishi left out the option for sunroof in your market. Same story would be true why they left out a long list of options for the NA market like the backup camera, front camera, parking sensors, one-touch fold switch for second row, heated side mirrors, RDS on the MMCS, etc..

Old 07-25-2007, 01:00 PM

The HIDs aren't standard on the XLS..but the luxury package that includes them is required to get the sun and sound and vice versa

I need to check my side mirrors..I loved the heated mirrors when I had the Jetta..didn't realize how nice they were until I didn't have them with my VUE

Old 07-25-2007, 08:23 PM

Hi Sherwood and other members,
I also live in Canada (Winnipeg) and have the U.S. version of the 2005 XLS.
First of all it did NOT have heated review mirrors, so I had them installed.
I would like to know the colour of the Speedo/Rev cluster on a 2005 XLS on the Canadian model, mine are silver and would like to change it to KMH, but according to the dealer they only come in black.
Brian

Old 07-26-2007, 09:38 PM

The Canadian XLS dont have Sirius Satelite Radio, the US version have it.

Quick Reply: XLS features USA vs Canada