Mitsubishi Raider The sybling truck to the Dodge Dakota, this sporty pickup combines versatility with economy.

2006 Mitsubishi Raider v-6 Quad cab

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 12:52 AM
Default 2006 Mitsubishi Raider v-6 Quad cab

[:@]I am so sick and tired of the crap that i have had with this truck. I love the way it looks, but would never own another one. Let me start with the problem I had within a week after buying it.
1. All the wheel well trim had to be replaced, because they were practically melting off, this truck was built in Mich, and I bought it in Ark, in July when it is extremly hot, as I was going down the highway the trim would be flapping in the wind...
2. Then I has a sensor light that kept coming on, they replaced that.
3. Out of the blue, and just so happened it was raining, I got off work, left going down the interstate, turned on my wipers, they didnt work, come to find out the emerg. flashers didnt work, then the blinkers didnt work and the wipers all at the same time. So I had to wait to get the wire harness in and let them tear the steering wheel apart to replace that.
5. Oh, then after they fixed that, I was out that night, on the interstate, then noticed that my fog lights weren't on, so I pushed the button and ALL of my lights went out, also when I wanted to use my brights the brights would not stay on.
4. It idols rough and i have smoke coming out of my truck on a reg basis, I kept telling them that (them... Crain Mitsubishi of North Little Rock) about the smoke, of course they never saw it.
5. then I started noticing that every 3000, I would get the oil changed, it was 1.5-2.5 qts low, this went on for 3 or so oil changes, I told them about it then they wanted to change it, so they did, then again the same thing, thenI had to go through a comsuption test, it kept getting worse!
6.Finally once I had less than 16000 it had to have a new motor put in it!
7. Now I have 6000 on the new motor and it has been about 3 qts low everytime I am doing another consuption test now,,,,for the last 3000, The blu smoke keeps getting worse and by the way the blue smoke has been going on for a long time, they dont seem to be concerned.... I have recently file under the Arkansas Attorney general for a Lemon Law suit. waiting to hear if I have a case. I have alot more to say....about more problems. Anyone experiencing this kind of Bull****? SincerlyDebe Samples, Arkansas

Old 11-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Default RE: 2006 Mitsubishi Raider v-6 Quad cab

Welcome to the wonderful world of Dodge! Sorry to hear you are having so many problems. Keep after the dealer and make them fix it or buy it back.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:27 PM

The trunk was built my Mitsu but parts are really dodge.

They just gave the blue print to Mitsu to built thetruck but Mitsu never really design the Truck it was all design and parts by Dodge.
it is not 100 percent Mitsubishi.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:10 PM

Wrong again. It is built in the same factory and next to the Dodge Dakota.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:52 AM

My truck has given me zero problems since I bought her, and I abuse the **** out of her ( she has a turbo now)

I do keep up with maintenance religiously.

I love my truck =)

Old 07-07-2012, 04:48 PM

Ya I had to have my lower control arms,upper ball joints and rack all replaced on my truck but lucky for me it was all still under warranty other then that my truck is grate

Old 07-07-2012, 06:16 PM

Just had to replace all 4 ball joints, shocks, rotors, and sway bar links. 87,000 miles.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:48 AM

Yes, the stock front suspension components on these trucks are crap. Replace everything with aftermarket parts.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:24 AM

I hear ya, fortunately my mechanic replaced the balljoints with greaseable ones. Now I just noticed that my drivers side CV shaft is puking grease everywhere.

Attached Images  
Old 10-05-2013, 04:18 PM

Sorry to hear that man.

Maybe you got a bad dealer.

I bought mine new on 2008. And the only problem I've had is the steering rack giving up. But I travel a lot on mountain roads so that's understandable. Luckily it happened while it was under warranty and Mitsubishi replaced all the required components.

Like they said before, have them fix it right or have them buy it back!

Quick Reply: 2006 Mitsubishi Raider v-6 Quad cab