Mitsubishi Raider The sybling truck to the Dodge Dakota, this sporty pickup combines versatility with economy.

Anyone attempt a remote Start?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Default Anyone attempt a remote Start?

Hi all,
Has anyone gotten a remote start system put on their Raider? I got one from my kids for Christmas including
installation, but the installer said I needed a special box along with one of the chipped keys placed in the box in
order to get the starter to work. The box costs $80.00 and when I talked to my dealer regarding an additional
key he said it would cost $138.00!?!?!? I believe these 2 additions are more than the remote starter cost.
I'm hoping someone has a cheaper solution......Thanks

Chris

Old 01-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Default RE: Anyone attempt a remote Start?

That is the right price for a key. List $137.98... I think you can program the key yourself, check the owners manuel. That will save you some money. All other Mitsu's have to be programed by the dealer and that's about $85.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Default RE: Anyone attempt a remote Start?

Well I took the truck into Circuit City for the remote start install, paid the $80.00 for the special box and gave the installer
my spare key which he then extracted the chip. So overall it took about 2 hours and I was on my way with my new
remote starter installed and working......well sort of. When I got home my first attempt to use it resulted in the alarm
system going off, I had to step outside hit unlock then the alarm button to turn it off. I then shut the truck off got out
tried again and it worked fine. Next morning I hit the autostart and again the alarm system went off(bet the neighbors
love me) had to go outside again hit the unlock and then alarm to stop it. Come to find out that if the truck is locked
when the autostart is initiated the alarm gets set off, but if I unlock first then autostart it's ok. My thinking is
it makes the autostart useless as I don't want the truck unlocked while unattended. Then last night a friend noticed that
thetailights were out when my wife had the truck. When she got home she shut the truck off and I went outside to
check it out. I started the truck with the key and the tail lights worked just fine but if I used the remote start the tail lights
flashed on for a second then shut off!!!! What a mess...called Circuit City and they said they would look at it
this Thursday. Ahhh the fun........