Mitsubishi Raider The sybling truck to the Dodge Dakota, this sporty pickup combines versatility with economy.

RAIDER ISSUES,NEED INFO.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Default RAIDER ISSUES,NEED INFO.

HI THERE.
IS GOOD TO SEE THATMOST PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM LOVE THE RAIDER; IN MY CASE I OWN ONE IS A 2006 QUADCAB V6 ,WITH NOW 12.000 MILES AND I THINK IS A VERY NICE LOOKING TRUCK,BUT IT HAS PRESENTED SOME ISSUES SINCE NEW AND I WILL LIKE TO KNOW IF SOME OF YOU HAVE HAD THE SAME SITUATIONS. I HAVE BEEN TO THE DEALER MANY TIMES AND I'M GETTING TIRED OF IT.

1. THE FIRST ISSUE IT WAS A VERY BAD NOISE WEN YOU TURN THE WEEL,THEN THE DEALER FIXED THA INCONVENIENT.

2.THE SECOND ISSUE IS A NOISE, LIKE A TAPPING IN THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE ENGINE, IN THE PASSENGER SIDE, I HAVE BEEN MANY TIMES TO THE DEALER AND THEY SAY IS NORMAL,WICH I DONT BELEIVE THAT. THE NOISE IS LIKE IT WAS A DEISEL ENGINE,AND IS SO BAD THAT PEOPLE NOTICED THE NOISE AND THEY ASK ME WHY IT SOUNDS LIKE THAT? ANYWAY THE DEALER SAY IS NORMAL.

3. I HAVE THE OIL CHANGED EVERY 3.000 MILES AT THE DEALER AND I USE PENZOIL SYNTETIC, AND THE LAST TIME I NOTICED THAT THE LEVEL OF OIL IT WAS LOW; THE DEALER SAID(AS USUAL) THAT MITSUBISHI SAID THAT IS NORMAL FOR THEYR CARS TO CONSUME ONEQUART OR MORE BEETWEEN EVERY OIL CHANGE. I'M GETTING CLOSE TO THE NEXT OIL CHANGE AND DECIDED TO CHECK THE LEVEL YESTERDAY AND NOTICED THE THE LEVEL IS DOWN AGAIN,IS UNDER OR BELOW THE "SAFE" MARK AND IS LOCATTED NOW AT THE "ADD" MARK. ITS THAT NORMAL?

4.I NOTICED THAT SOMETIMES WEN IT RAINS VERY HARD ,SOMETIMES WATER GETS INSIDE AND THE LEAK IS LOCATED IN THE RIGHT SIDE HANDLE NEXT TO THE WINDSHIELD IN THE PASSENGER SIDE; I WILL BE GOING TO THE DEALER(AGAIN) A.S.A.P. NOW ABOUT THIS ISSUE I REMEMBER SOMETIME A GO,I READ SOMEWERE ABOUT SOME ONE WITH THE SAME SITUATION,AND LAST WEEK AT A PARKING I SAW SOMEONE WITH THE SAME TRUCK AND ASKED HIM ABOUT ISSUES WITH THE TRUCK ,AND MY SURPRISSE WAS THAT HE HAD THE SAME LEAK PROBLEM,AND HE TOLD ME THAT THEY COULDNT FIGURE WHAT WAS THE REASON,SO HE FILED FOR A LEMON LAW AND GOT THE TRUCK REPLACED.

ANY ISSUES SIMILAR TO THIS ONES? WHAT THE DEALERS HAVE SAID IN YOUR CASES?
REGARDS

Old 10-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Default RE: RAIDER ISSUES,NEED INFO.

I havn't had any of those issues. I hope they get it right for you.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:56 PM

Yes I have some of the same issues with mine.

I've got the same water leak at the top of windshield on the passenger side. Its minor but you cant let water get in there. I took it in and they put a sealer on it and it hasn't happened since.

NOW THE BIG ONE..................I also have a 06' V6 quadcab and it burns oil at an alarming rate. I mean at least 2-3 quarts a month!!! Thats not even 1000 miles for me. The first time a noticed this big *** problem was when it was almost too late. I check it about once a month but this time I was driving down a hill and my oil light comes on. I WAS PISSED!! That means the oil pickup isnt getting any oil and neither is the motor.........hence a possible KABOOM! I'm convinced its a head gasket or piston ring problem but the dealer says "We cant duplicate the problem". So now I'm taking it to a different mitsu dealship for maintainance this week. But this time I'm bringing a buddy so when the techs lie to me again and say they cant duplicate the problem he'll goose the motor and I'll let the massive cloud of blue and white smoke speak for itself. After that I guess I'll call my lawyer because I dont know what else to do.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:34 PM

I have had my oil light come on as well. When I checked the oil, it was full. That just happend two weeks ago. I hate taking my truck to the dealer because they don't do anything.

Off topic *The last time I took it in because the truck was stalling they told me they had a tech with the truck all day and could not duplicate the problem. They said it would be unfair for a tech to stay on my truck when he could be working on another customer's car. I picked up the truck and noticed they only put on 0.6mi from when I dropped it off! Should've told them the reason they couldn't duplicate it is because they weren't driving it!

Old 11-25-2007, 03:47 AM

Same dealer issues here, They will not due anything.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:07 AM

Oil comsumtion may be partly due to the grade of oil your using. The lower the weight the higher the comsumtion.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:11 PM

Mitsubishi has a history of "drinking" lots of oil. My 2002 Montero Sport would gulp down 1 - 1 1/2 quarts every 20 days. Doesn't matter if it's sythetic or the real deal. They love oil.

Bob

Old 09-28-2008, 07:14 PM

I had the stalling problwm It would stall at 30-40 and 60-70. Sometimes it would just die like I turned the car off. It was the cam sensor. It took me three trips to get it fixed. I am lucky as the Mitsu dealer always provides me a loaner. Of course it is a car I could fit in the bed of my truck but...

Bob

Old 06-11-2010, 03:24 PM

i haven't had the leak or the stalling or anything but my truck has almost 89,000 on it and it seems like my rear end is loose cause when i down shift sometimes it makes a clunck noise then it gets going. im not sure if its from alot of miles or not though

Old 08-29-2010, 07:50 PM

i have an 08 raider ls double cab 4x2. V6/automatic. mine has currently 16,558 miles on it.
it's very well maintained.. reg. oil changes at every 2,500-3k miles. wash it about 2-3
times a month.

i've had one of your issues - the noise when you turn the wheel. never asked anyone about it.
assumed it was normal... i only hear it when i turn the wheel either all the way or too hard.
however, i think i am starting to hear it a lil bit more often now. even though i am not
turning it all the way or as hard now, i think i am still hearing that noise you are talking
about.

i don't hear a tapping in my engine, but my mom riding passenger side in the front tells me that
she feels like it's rough on her side when we are driving... i've sat in the front right side
when my sis drove it, and i felt what she was talking about. can't really describe it, but it was
a kinda rough ride.. i own the truck and i am not a rough driver either. nor is my sis.
(my sis doesn't drive it, she had come to visit and that's how she came to drive it a few times).

another thing i noticed is that when i am driving, sometimes it sounds rough.. almost
like a bus. like it's really working to just drive. like low on power or something.

as for water leaking inside... i don't have any leaks, but when it does rain, sometimes after it's rained and i open
my driver side door or driver side cab door, i will notice a few drops, but it is on the paneling
where you enter, not on the door or interior floor/fabric, etc.

my main concern with mine is the O2 sensor.. i will post this in a new thread though.