Mitsubishi Raider The sybling truck to the Dodge Dakota, this sporty pickup combines versatility with economy.

Stalling

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Default Stalling

My truck stalls every once in a while. It's like someone turns the key off. It always starts right back up. It never sets any codes or acheck engine light. I have 23K on my truck. Anyone else experiance this?

Old 07-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Default RE: Stalling

My truck does the exact same thing. At a traffic light, the idle will stumble and if I don't put it into neutral quick enough, it will die on me. Last month it died out twice in the same day. I took the truck to the dealer to get it fixed and of course they told me what every other dealer does when they don't know how to fix it. They told me that the could not duplicate the problem and the truck is showing no codes. They told me that they could continue working on it, but it is unfair to other customers that my truck is taking up all of the tech's time.

I don't know why dealers always bring up the "I could not duplicate the problem" speech. I told them what the problem was, why is there any need to duplicate it? Anyway, I have read on the dodge forums that other dakota owners are having the same issue, so hopefully it will get resolved soon.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:16 PM

They must duplicate the problem so they can find the cause. With only you telling the it stalls, their could be many different causes for this. They need a code or duplication to narrow it down. I know, I work at a dealer. We havereplaced several camshaft position sensors on Raiders for simular problems. They put one on my truck the other day. It has not stalled again but it has only been 2 days.The part # is 56041584AE. If they will notput it on under warranty, it is only $18.20.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Banned

I was going to say the CPS or something.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:06 PM

ORIGINAL: bigjosh

I don't know why dealers always bring up the "I could not duplicate the problem" speech. I told them what the problem was, why is there any need to duplicate it?
are you daft?
do you realize how many THOUSANDS of things could cause a car to "stumble"? if they cannot duplicate it, there is no way to nor is there anything to fix.
you think its so easy to fix, try it yourself.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Banned

LMAO ^^^^

Old 07-27-2007, 10:59 AM

Still no problem, I hope this fixed it.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Manybrews

are you daft?
do you realize how many THOUSANDS of things could cause a car to "stumble"? if they cannot duplicate it, there is no way to nor is there anything to fix.
you think its so easy to fix, try it yourself.

Sorry for being a little p'od at the moment, nonetheless there is no need for that kind of comments here. I think RMUDBUGS explained that in a better manner.

The problem just occurs whenever the truck feels like it so it makes me wonder how would they be able to duplicate it. I brought the truck into the dealer before for the rear dome light not turning on when I opened the door. They told me they could not duplicate the problem. I went to the truck, opened the door and pointed to the rear light. The light was off. I whacked it and it turned on, I closed the door, then opened it and the light was off. If they could not figure that out, then it truly makes me wonder. I was just saying that I am tired of being told that they cannot duplicate the problem. I wish they would tell me what they at least tried to do, that's all.

BTW, today it died 4 times within 2hrs and stumbled almost every time I stopped. I almost got into an accident today while completing a turn when the truck died. No power, no brakes, no steering, almost smashed into another car.

I am going to give this CPS changeout a try and hope for the best. This is getting very irritating and I am disappointed that there has not been an "official" fix for this problem. My friend just bought a Raider 2 weeks ago and he is having the same problem.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:47 PM

The Cam sensor did not fix mine. It stalled to day when I was parking coming back from lunch. Mine doesn't stumble though, it's like someone turns the key off. One second it's running then the next it's not. I had a tech with me and he did not even feel it. The only way I knew was the tac was at 0 rpm's. It only does it at slow speeds when I am costing to a stop. Going to call a Dodge dealer to day and ask about it.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:13 PM

Oh well, now I don't know what to do. The truck is going in next week Thursday to get looked at again. I was going to mention the CPS, but now I just don't know. I figured everytime it dies or stumbles, I'll just call the dealer to let them know. My truck only has 10,800 miles on it but was doing it when I bought the truck new last year.

Quick Reply: Stalling