New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Asx aspire

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Default Asx aspire

Hi - I'm new so please be patient!!!! I have been a long time Mits owner, but end of last year purchased a ASX Aspire (with the new panaramic roof, sat nav etc). The radio/stereo system just hasn't worked from the start and I'm totally frustrated with the dealer trying to get it fixed (Why they just haven't replaced the unit I don't know!!). The info on the screen doesn't show up as it should - if the Ipod plays it own merry self I get NO info for song, title and artist. However if I chose the song or forward/back to a song the info all appears. Also I have tried around a dozen CDs and not one brings up any info about the disc. Is this happening to anyone else's vehicle? This model is still quite rare so I'm finding it hard to even find one in person to stalk!!!! Any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:45 PM

You might try a BT unit firmware update (it is also responsible for USB connectivity).

The the update posted somewhere in Outlander section solves the issues with i-devices.

As for song info - is it audio CD or MP3 CD?

Old 01-06-2014, 10:53 PM

Thanks Vadimus. My car is only 3 months 'new'-so can't see that I should be needing to do any updates myself. The CDs I've tried are audio purchased ones- so not copied, and all recent so the info should be on them I'm thinking. The info also isn't coming through the IPod connection either tho, even tho it's on the device!!! It only appears sometimes - so it gives info if I fast forward to a song, but not if the system just plays the songs by it's own choice (hope that makes sense!!). So frustrating, and worse because the local dealer doesn't seem as keen to get it fixed as I am!!!!!! :-(