Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ford aspire

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 05:59 AM
Default ford aspire

my ford aspire has parts, I am going to assume by the marks are made by Mitsubishi.
take this EGR boost sensor, or MAP sensor depending on who's selling the part;

that triangle is a Mitsubishi stamp right? there are several cast marks on the engine too like this but its a Mazda engine, in car made by KIA for ford....
in Korea.
to funny.

Anyone know if Mitsubishi sells the parts it apparently sold to KIA to put in these aspires? ford wants an arm and a leg for some of these parts so i am looking to see if the original makes sell them cheaper.
if they can cross match the numbers on them back to Mitsubishi parts....

the BIG problem with the aspire is ford doesn't sell some of these sensors anymore, so getting a new one is impossible. The only hope of getting a new part if needed is to find who made them to begin with.

then there is the use problem.... Ive found this "aspire EGR boost sensor" sold, same identical part and stock number as a "MAP sensor".
I know it cant be, as the shop manuals for the aspire and its EVTM book says the car doesn't even have a MAP sensor.
if it ain't in the book it doesn't exsists..... to the guy at the parts department.

Any help you have 10000000 thanks.... I should have know better, buying a ford.
[:'(]

Old 03-29-2005, 12:58 PM
Administrator
Default RE: ford aspire

mitsubishi is also an electronics company...and if i am not mistaken, the automotive division is not associated with the electronics division...i dont know if you can anymore...but you used to be able to buy mitsubishi TVs and VCRs...

Old 03-29-2005, 02:25 PM
Default RE: ford aspire

thats probably the answer!

I bet you cant go buy these parts off Mitsubishi either if they made them for KIA/ford/Mazda.

I did dig up in the tech info that you can indeed check to see if these things are working right, my mechanic told me they cant be tested.

time to cut my nails and brave the grease..... and be my own mechanic.

a new question would be if anyone recognizes this part off their 90's Mitsubishi cars, it might be the identical part on a Mitsubishi used for a different job...
and freely available.

thanks for the help!