Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Ford Lightning vs EVO IX

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 09:08 PM
Default Ford Lightning vs EVO IX

Driving down the road minding my own business when a really nice guy in a Ford Lightning "CUTS ME OFF"......so I moved to the next lane and low and behold there was a big fat "RED LIGHT". Well, I had my girlfriend in the car (additional 110 pounds..I think) and he was alone. He looks at me, gives his fat truck a rev and takes off when the light turns green. I didn't launch the car and he was pulling away like crazy, that is until I hit the lovely 3000 rpm mark. My boost guage went high, my injen intake made the swooshing sound, my girlfriends head went back into her seat, and everything was a blur until I shifted into second!!! By then I was ahead and I could see him and his truck coming into view of my rearview mirror....I love my Evo...they're great....amen!!!

Old 05-13-2006, 04:41 AM
Default RE: Ford Lightning vs EVO IX

hay how high was the boost and whats the H/P???

Old 09-08-2006, 03:23 PM

Lol lovely story man that's awesome.

Old 10-22-2006, 07:51 PM

damn, where is the BS flag when you need it. The **** is deep fellas-- somebody get a shovel.
First of all your girl weighs a duece and a half so there goes any awd advantage you had. second you would not pull a ford lightning in first gear unless your car is highly modded-- especially since you stated you gave the lightning the opportunity to launch on you.

Let me tell you what I think happened!!! You were trying to get you girl to stop eating in your brand new ride she dropped a fry on your new interior you swerved and almost side swipped the lightning. he got pissed gave you the finger and you wanted to race him. The light turned green he launched perfectly (as lightnings usually do) and you stalled the evo. By the time you got the car started again he was slowing down and you did a "ricer flyby." Good kill!

I like your car-- but you don't have to lie to kick it!

Old 10-22-2006, 09:23 PM

ORIGINAL: dhixson28

damn, where is the BS flag when you need it. The **** is deep fellas-- somebody get a shovel.
First of all your girl weighs a duece and a half so there goes any awd advantage you had. second you would not pull a ford lightning in first gear unless your car is highly modded-- especially since you stated you gave the lightning the opportunity to launch on you.

Let me tell you what I think happened!!! You were trying to get you girl to stop eating in your brand new ride she dropped a fry on your new interior you swerved and almost side swipped the lightning. he got pissed gave you the finger and you wanted to race him. The light turned green he launched perfectly (as lightnings usually do) and you stalled the evo. By the time you got the car started again he was slowing down and you did a "ricer flyby." Good kill!

I like your car-- but you don't have to lie to kick it!
man you got to learn when to shut your mouth, ur a *** and dont know what you're talking about. Xtreme is in no way a ricer and he has a nice evo, hed kill u in a race if given the chance. So dont post BS comments like that unless u know what your talking about. I doubt Xtreme would lie, from what i know of him, hes a cool guy.

Old 10-22-2006, 09:45 PM

I am just pointing out the obvious.

The lightning is a very good performer- you could teach a monkey to drive that truck and run a high 13's. Xtreme admits that he did not race the lightning at first, he basically gave the lightning a head start of a couple car lengths and then got on it. If you look at Xtreme's mods he has a few boltons good for maybe 50 hp- there is no way wrapping through 1st and 2nd gear he would have caught and passed the lightning. I have driven both cars, the evo is quick, but the lightning is also quick they are very comparable cars in a drag race.

Pull your head out, Go to the honda forum to post bull **** like this -- don't insult the intelligence of members on this forum.

Old 10-22-2006, 10:10 PM

your telling me to "Pull your head out, Go to the honda forum to post bull **** like this -- don't insult the intelligence of members on this forum" ummm youve got maybe 4 posts on here, ive got alot more, been here alot longer and probably know alot more than you. I admit i dont know everything about evo's. My area of expertise is the dsm, more specifically the turbos. i apologize about my earlier post, i am in a bad news due to big engine problems today. i was just defending a friend. im sorry.

Old 10-22-2006, 10:28 PM

I got my 99 VR4 recently so that is why I have only 4 posts. But if you want to keep a record I have owned my 94 fd for 3 years-- so I spend most of my time in rx7club and nopistons.

Old 10-22-2006, 11:04 PM

Hey, I just read your response to my race and I enjoy your justification for my "supposed" lie but it's too bad I'm not lying. Say what you want. [&:]

Thanks paintbalproam for your words.

Old 10-23-2006, 01:40 AM

ORIGINAL: dhixson28

I am just pointing out the obvious.

The lightning is a very good performer- you could teach a monkey to drive that truck and run a high 13's. Xtreme admits that he did not race the lightning at first, he basically gave the lightning a head start of a couple car lengths and then got on it. If you look at Xtreme's mods he has a few boltons good for maybe 50 hp- there is no way wrapping through 1st and 2nd gear he would have caught and passed the lightning. I have driven both cars, the evo is quick, but the lightning is also quick they are very comparable cars in a drag race.

Pull your head out, Go to the honda forum to post bull **** like this -- don't insult the intelligence of members on this forum.
a monkey could take a bone stock IX and pull a low 13 seeing how BONE STOCK they are capiable to run 12.89s and run 13.1s on a constant basis go research. His evo would the a lightning easily... even my EVO would I have taken down cars that are alot faster than a lightning. you got a nice VR4 but and your a FD owner but that gives you no right to come here and make remarks like this

I get anymore retard demeaning posts by you I will ban you from here. Learn some real facts about the car before you make bogas remarks. I dont care if you have an FD or are a member on nopistons or clubRX7 or anything else we dont need any of your BS here

Quick Reply: Ford Lightning vs EVO IX