Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Ford Lightning vs EVO IX

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 02:09 AM
Default RE: Ford Lightning vs EVO IX

thats great im not disputing facts but what i am questioning is that regardless of the mods the evo will not make up that much ground against a lightening. so the evo runs 13.1 in the 1/4 mile and the lightening easily runs a 13.7. so all things equal such as reaction time the evo has a few car lengths on the lightening which is gained throughout the entire 1/4 mile. However, extreme is claiming he made up 4 car lengths in less than 2 gears.. someone explain this?

Old 10-23-2006, 07:41 AM
Banned

Dude i think its clear that nobody likes you here.

Another thing... DONT start **** with the older memebrs of the forum. Remember your the noob so learn your ****in place.

I doubt X is lieing because hes a decent guy and an honest one from what i know.

Old 10-23-2006, 10:53 AM

ORIGINAL: dhixson28

thats great im not disputing facts but what i am questioning is that regardless of the mods the evo will not make up that much ground against a lightening. so the evo runs 13.1 in the 1/4 mile and the lightening easily runs a 13.7. so all things equal such as reaction time the evo has a few car lengths on the lightening which is gained throughout the entire 1/4 mile. However, extreme is claiming he made up 4 car lengths in less than 2 gears.. someone explain this?
His mods he WILL be ruinning a low 12 1\4. I know for a fact thats what his car should do. a lightning has no chance in hell with that. He WILL undoubtedly put 4 cars on a lightning.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:39 AM

i agree 4 cars after a 1/4 mile but this guys is saying it will do it after one gear so that means he can beat a lightening roughtly 12-16 lengths after 1/4 mile.. even after the lightening gets a head start....???? come on read his story...

Old 10-26-2006, 01:05 AM

Geez man, would you get off this already. Is this like a LIFE OR DEATH situation for you!!?!?!

Old 10-26-2006, 02:09 AM

i agree 4 cars after a 1/4 mile but this guys is saying it will do it after one gear so that means he can beat a lightening roughtly 12-16 lengths after 1/4 mile.. even after the lightening gets a head start....???? come on read his story...
well the EVO gets 4 cars at teh start but will stop pulling due to AWD killing the top end. and the V8 having a better top end. I say yes 4 cars in a 1\4

Old 10-27-2006, 12:10 AM

dhixson,

Had you stuck to that fact you might of had an audience but since you think you're J f@cking Leno with the jokes you lost.

Unless the lightning backed off for a sec when he saw he out lauched you (which is what prob happened) I agree that 1st gear would not have you passing the lightning, let alone any fast car, that jumped ahead of you like that. The trip from 0-7,000rpm in first is very quick. I've never driven an EVO but plenty of fast and faster cars so I firmly believe mister lightning backed off a bit thinking you weren't running and than jumped back in it.

On the other hand, define "he was pulling away like crazy".

Old 10-27-2006, 01:38 AM

my point has been made... there are allot of nice people on here and the integrity of this forum is at stake when peopel come on here and post a story and dont tell it how it is... it is obvious that the evo is a very fast car there is no reason to blow things out of proportion. people read these posts for entertainment and for information. throughout these posts it is evident that most didnt realize that the story was sugesting something rediculous...this forum can be run like the gustapo and peopel over time will leave...i think if people realized what the story suggested they would have questioned it from the beginning as i did....and even more so its rediculous that just becasue someone has a lot of posts all this creditbility is built and seems like all the followers are willing to believe anything.

Old 10-27-2006, 10:43 AM

my point has been made... there are allot of nice people on here and the integrity of this forum is at stake when peopel come on here and post a story and dont tell it how it is... it is obvious that the evo is a very fast car there is no reason to blow things out of proportion. people read these posts for entertainment and for information. throughout these posts it is evident that most didnt realize that the story was sugesting something rediculous...this forum can be run like the gustapo and peopel over time will leave...i think if people realized what the story suggested they would have questioned it from the beginning as i did....and even more so its rediculous that just becasue someone has a lot of posts all this creditbility is built and seems like all the followers are willing to believe anything.
who here has followers? xtreme doenst have that many posts he hardly ever posts. I did not disagree ever when you said the EVO would not pull 4 cars in first but the EVO is gonna make all its ground in gears 1 and 2 and half of 3 before it get drown out from the top with the AWD. as stated first gear is wuick and if you have ever driven an EVO it is faster than most cars the gears are very close so as soon as you hit full boost your hitting redline in a blink of an eye. I still say the EVO would easily take 4 cars on that truck but not in 1st.

An example a I raced a forumla Firbird from a stop I didnt launch and I gave him the jump by at least a half of car. I rolled onto the gas by the top of 2nd I was just walking by him by the end of 3rd I had prob about 2 cars on him. so you can see the difference in that story and a forumla Firbird stock runs what 14s? so its slower than the lightning and I didnt get to cars untill 3rd gear.

Old 10-27-2006, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

well emonz was only trying to get your facts straight because the mods he has are good for more than 50 extra horse and 1st and second gear (if youve never been in an evo) are where they dominate. After that is when they loose alittle. Not too mention that he has an evo 9 which are already faster stock vs stock. So it is possible that he can make up the distance. I will admit that just in first gear its a bit sketchy. I can see by the middle or end of second gear being past him. I dont know how the gearing is on the 9's though, if they are different then the 8's.

So you do have a point i think about passing just in first gear. But he didnt say that he was racing from the start, he just said that he didnt launch it. So i assume he just floored it from the start, which wouldnt give the lightning too much of a jump. So i dont think his story is as blown out of proportion as you originally made it seem.

I think the reason that people really jumped on you is the way you went about calling him a liar. You could have simply pointed out the things that seemed unrealistic.

Quick Reply: Ford Lightning vs EVO IX