New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Bust My Cherry

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 12:45 AM
Default Bust My Cherry

Hi Everybody, longtime Mitsu Lover, first time poster here. I know all you guys are pocket rocket lovers, I'm old school. I'm looking into the turbo diesels.....you know, the ones available everywhere in the world but the US?
I know you're all going to puke but I'm thinking of buying a late model Diamante and doing a TD swap. Long on ecomomy, short on performance.
Might buy a Rosa if I can find one in NA and convert to RV.

wish to hell they would sell the 07 colt cabrio in NA, nice looking ride!

Old 09-06-2007, 12:48 AM
Default RE: Bust My Cherry

hahaha im sorry but im not a pocket rocket lover, in fact the only hatchback car i like is the GTI from VW, so please easy on the stereotypes cuz theres a lot of 4 bangers worth respecting in the DSM world hehe, and welcome!!! turbo dieasel, sounds like a MPG dream, and the diamante is a really nice looking car is a great option!!! Ask and ye shall find the answers here... welcome

Old 09-06-2007, 01:18 AM

I like vw engineering too...but I think the mitsu TD is a better engine.....might try dropping one in a karmann vert. . the mistu engine would probably be sweet in a vannagon as well...have to find out if it will fit.
I didn't mean any offense, I just noticed this board is mainly populated by evo/eclipse fans. I like the lancer...but I'm a little old for climbing down into those toys.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:27 AM

Toys go fast man hahaha, and wow, i would LOOOOVEE to see a TD karman!!! i love that car to death!!! but its also a lil bit low isnt it hehe, too bad it was the aircooled standard vw engine... well, on the ones ive got to play with hehe

Old 09-06-2007, 01:35 AM

yeah, it's another of those low riders....I just want to build it...then I can let my son take it out and wrap it around a stationary object.
I don't think there would be a problem with a 1.9 TDI swap. I've seen conversions into vannagons...so the only problem would probably added weight/rear suspension.

but going from 40hp to about 100 would make it a sweet sleeper....and 50 mpg!

Old 09-06-2007, 05:56 AM

HA ive been lookin for a turbo intercooled diesle my self in the monty and importin another one when i finished mine....welcome to the forum

Old 09-06-2007, 08:46 AM

WELCOME To The Mitsubishi forum!!!!

Old 09-06-2007, 09:05 AM

what year is your monty? are you currently doing the swap? I'd love to know what your issues are with engine mounts and bolt pattern on block/transmission.
One of the things I love about mitsu is that they are pretty diverse so I don't think a lot of this swapping should be a problem but I want to make sure before I find a 4m4 on ebay.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:06 AM

and thanks for all the welcomes!

Old 09-06-2007, 10:46 AM

lol, TD Eclipse!!! Welcome to MF

Quick Reply: Bust My Cherry