New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

a/c problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Default a/c problem

hello all. working on 2003 galant the a/c will not turn off .compressor and radiator fan stay on.have to unplug low pressure switch to turn off.i took the a/c switch completly out. and it still stays on.had a problem a few months ago with the transmission stuck in limp mode turned out to be rodents chewed threw the wires to the trans relay.i thought it would be the same problem in the a/c wires so i checked. and all the wires for the a/c seem to be ok. any help will be appreciated.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:14 PM

If you have the heat/air system in defrost mode, you know the AC usually is on, right?

When you turn tjhe blower motor off, the AC goes off, right?

Just getting more information.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Default a/c problem

Originally Posted by _93TSI_370+K_
If you have the heat/air system in defrost mode, you know the AC usually is on, right?

When you turn tjhe blower motor off, the AC goes off, right?

Just getting more information.
no it stays on i took the a/c control switch completely out of the car and it still stays on. the only way to turn it off is to unplug the low pressure switch .

Old 12-12-2012, 06:58 AM

Hi,
can you explain me what do you mean with: If you have the heat/air system in defrost mode, you know the AC usually is on, right?
I have this problem on my Montero Sport 98.
Please take a look at the pictures. If i have the blower motor in position 1, 2, 3 or 4 and I rotate the position to blow in the windshield the the light of the A/c it starts to light.

Attached Thumbnails a/c problem-bord-mitsu.jpg