New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Fresh out the box

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 11:56 PM
mra
Default Fresh out the box

Hello everyone I'm new since I have no knowledge at all about mit. I decide to post here and ask a couple of question I'm a honda boy don't get mad at me cause I might be join u guys soon.

Here is the thing I have 91 crx b20 vtec on spray the car is running pretty good but theres a kid that has I don't know whta year but an eclipse gsx black clean body and interior brand exaust 3" all the way to back new water pump,belt,new rims w/4 brand new street tires,new s-afc,new boost controler,turbo timer,20g turbo,the only thing the car needs is the new intercooler to b mounted along with the piping,but besides that the car runs nice except for a vacum leak so he's able to trade his car for mines.

How good of a deal with this be,I feel like I wanna do it but I feel like I need to know best what I'm I getting in to.

So good this engines r,whats the most hp and can gain putting everything together with a nice tune but running safe at the same time.If u guys could help a lil newby out it will really b appreciated.

Thax in advance.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:01 AM
Banned
Default RE: Fresh out the box

If hes running stock internals forget about it

Old 06-22-2007, 12:02 AM
mra

ORIGINAL: Sebba

If hes running stock internals forget about it
why is that?

Old 06-22-2007, 12:05 AM
Banned

DSM = Do Some Maintanance.

Something you honda boys arent used to lol. That, i will always envy about hondas.

If you dont mind reliability.. then go for it.

On a 20g... my guess is that hes running about 400ish whp.. and thats about the limit of that motor.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:10 AM
mra

DSM = Do Some Maintanance.

Something you honda boys arent used to lol. That, i will always envy about hondas.

If you dont mind reliability.. then go for it.

On a 20g... my guess is that hes running about 400ish whp.. and thats about the limit of that motor.
belive it or not do take care of honda every day on that I have no problem and the car is sitting at his front yard is tuned yet like I said he still needs to do the piping so the car should have the stock hp

Old 06-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Banned

Maybe you missunderstood me... i was saying Hondas are really reliable.. and DSMs suck in that catagory. If speed means more to you than reliability.. then you will love it.

The stock engine can handle about 400 wheel horse power. Built motors can handle 800 depending what pistons and rods.

They definatly have more potential than the civic. You will quickly fall in love with all wheel drive and instantly HATE front wheel drive.

So he is changing it back to stock?

Old 06-22-2007, 12:20 AM
mra

Maybe you missunderstood me... i was saying Hondas are really reliable.. and DSMs suck in that catagory. If speed means more to you than reliability.. then you will love it.

The stock engine can handle about 400 wheel horse power. Built motors can handle 800 depending what pistons and rods.

They definatly have more potential than the civic. You will quickly fall in love with all wheel drive and instantly HATE front wheel drive.

So he is changing it back to stock?
No he's been working on the car for almost a year now he was buying everything new except from the engine everything else is brand spanking new.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:24 AM
Banned

Ok, that setup you described would push the car past 400hp. Personally that makes me nervous.

If you dont care... then by all means to it.... its a ****e load faster than your civic (not knocking it...its just the truth)

I would also be carefull... thats a lot of power that your not used to.

At this point... if you want it.... its worth it.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:30 AM
mra

Ok, that setup you described would push the car past 400hp. Personally that makes me nervous.

If you dont care... then by all means to it.... its a ****e load faster than your civic (not knocking it...its just the truth)

I would also be carefull... thats a lot of power that your not used to.

At this point... if you want it.... its worth it.
I dont wanna go that high 350-380 will do for know until I build a new block and believe it or not my lil crx have some power evo's and STI's are used to see my taillights

Old 06-22-2007, 12:34 AM
Banned

With spray no doubt.

Well with a 20g.. that turbo is common for setups in the 450hp range

Quick Reply: Fresh out the box