New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Greetings

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 02:40 PM
Default RE: Greetings

hows that system comin kat?

Old 08-03-2004, 10:45 PM

Well now I have a huge hang up. I found out shortly after buying my car that the driver's side rear rim was slightly bent and has two hairline fractures. As much as it pained me, I convinced myself to get over it and look for a new one. Now it turns out that we missed noticing that the passenger rear is also bent. So now I have to get 2 rims. I don't know what to do at this point. I could just buy stock ones, or get two cheapos until I can buy good ones, or just get good ones now which I am not anywhere close to financially prepared for. My other major concern is what happened to this vehicle in the first place to cause two damaged rims. What other problems can I expect? Was this car in an accident? So I'm really stressed out and not quite feeling the love for my investment anymore. I hate broken crap and that's how I feel right now, like I bought a broken piece of junk. It's no one's fault but mine for not noticing it sooner but it's so un-noticable. I'm taking comfort in thinking that maybe the previous owner backed into a curb really hard instead of the thought that this is a wrecked vehicle that was revamped. I know once I get it taken care of everything should be fine and I'll feel better about owning it but for now I feel really let down.

On a happier note I properly adjusted my tire pressure and my car rides like a dream (except for the rear shimmy because of bent rims).

As for the system, it'll be on hold for a while now for sure. I am still contemplating what I would like for the fronts though. I talked myself into sticking with the component speakers but I don't know which brand. I like the Alpine 176A but someone said that I could probably find MB Quart's on E-bay for the same price. Although, if it isn't brand spaking new I'm not going to buy it on E-bay. I haven't even looked either because I've been spending most of my time trying to find a cheap rim. Now I have to find 2.

Old 08-04-2004, 10:19 AM

Sorry to hear that. I guess it would be as good of time as any to look for aftermarket rims. Hope everything works out. btw. Did you ever name her?

p.s. ur supposed to be in the pics too. Make the car look even better.

Old 08-04-2004, 10:37 PM

I named her about a month ago, actually, maybe even a little longer. Her name is Patience. The reason why is because when I drove my Blazer I could see pretty far up the road and I was always tense and anxious to get ahead. Now that I have the Eclipse (or even a car in general) I'm a little more patient on the road and way more relaxed. With the Eclipse though if I'm in a hurry I can get ahaead easily instead of trying to manuver that heavy SUV. The other reason is that life has more or less crapped all over my parade and I live by the motto 'if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all'. So this car is what I get for just being patient and waiting out life's major downs and keeping my chin up in the hopes that everything will turn out for the best and it just wasn't my time then. Well clearly it's my time now becuase this car, overall, is a dream come true. I've only ever wanted an Eclipse. People have dreams of owning Vipers and BMW's and I really have always longed for an Eclipse, more specifically the third generation model, and to own one now is just like 'wow'. So my car stands out to me like a beacon of hope, that life doesn't always give you what you want when you want it, but if you work hard and have faith and be patient one day you will have your day. And now, I have Patience.