New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

greetings + salutations, said the newbie.[v.1.2]

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Default greetings + salutations, said the newbie.[v.1.2]

I never thought I'd become one of those car guys or a car guy that posts to online forums about them, but here goes!

Hey folks, my name is drew, Thought I'd say hello...
...from Indianapolis, IN,
and I drive a 92 Mitsubishi Eclipse, N/T.
Bought her from a friend for a small sum 'coupla years ago.
Love it.
Right now, every thing on the car is ALL stock. [new and old] Safe decisions, sue me!
I don't have any exeedingly high expectations for this car, like turning it into a turbo, which from what I've read sounds like a hot and expensive shi**y mess.

Would like to let some more air into the engine, tighten up the suspension a little,
and somehow acheive a slightly less chunky shifting experience. Maybe some other ideas that I haven't encountered yet....
I won't bore you with a laundry list of cosmetic goals! Some are self-evident in the photo....

I've ended up learning FAR more about cars with this one, more than I ever thought I'd know.
I'm a college student studying theatre scenic design, philosophy of religion and psychology... but I've got a streak of curiosity in me a mile wide.

Good thing too, right?
Because this Eclipse seems to like LOTS of attention.
Well not LOTS, but more than I ever planned on giving a car.
Live and learn, yeah?

She's only my second car, the other one was a Geo Metro, which was kinda more like a really dangerous roller skate with a gas tank, IMHO - and one whole cylinder more than a lawnmower...now I've got TWO whole cylinders more than a lawnmower!

But anywho, I've developed a soft spot for the Eclipse, and when the time comes, I'd probably plan on getting another. ...Something in the 2g family, the lines of that body style speak to me.

Mechanically speaking, ...I'm not a dolt, but you probably don't want to unleash me under your hood unattended either, unless you're feeling especially brave. Thankfully I've a mate that's a mechanic....pretty decent one at that.

At anyrate, thanks for having a site full of stuff, ideas, expeirence and knowledge.

By now... you're probably thinking I wear a helmet so I don't hurt myself during daily activities. ; )

-drew