New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Hey Everybody, New here..

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 11:19 PM
Default Hey Everybody, New here..

I just picked up a sweet '87 Chrysler Conquest ,basically a Mitsubishi Starion. (So thats why I'm here because I don't think I would have much luck on a Chrysler forum and I'd rather pretend it is the Starion anyway.) I guess they have a problem of cracked heads and I'm wondering if thats what I have. The engine oil has a lot of coolant in it and when I roll it over with the radiator cap off, I can see and hear all the pressure bubbling out. It seems to be extremely violent to be a cracked head so I was wondering if the head gaskets got that bad on these engines? The guy had it running not to long ago and he said it was steaming out the exhaust but it ran good. He said he took it down the road and seen it was getting hot so he brought it back and parked it. I tried to get it running today but it just wouldn't go, the compression seemed to be coming out the cooling system way to badly to run that way. I was hoping I could find someone here familiar with these G54B engines to let me know what is more likely. I just can't see a head cracked that badly to be leaking like that. Sorry for the long first post!