New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

hi.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 03:43 PM
Default hi.....

hi all

i live in durham, NC and drive a 2001 diamante ls (cream color)...haven't done anything to it yet but have run into several minor issues:

(not looking for answers to these, just introducing my car and its flaws!)
1. the gear shifter button poppd off within the first month of purchase
2. the front plastic protective flap on the underside of the car is hanging down and i cant find the right size tab to secure it back in
3. the rear bumper paint job is real cheesy and has been flaking off
4. sunroof makes a terrible noise when i open it...apparently b/c one time i opened it without pulling the shade forward (uugggghhh!!!!!!!)
5. generally the brakes suck and have to be replaced frequently and generate alot of dust
6. since replacing my battery last week, my speakers make a weird high pitched sound
that increase in pitch whenever i accelerate (ground?)

anyways, you'll probably be hearing alot from me since i'm going to try to fix most of this stuff myself!!!

thanks everyone!

Old 07-14-2004, 04:12 PM
Default RE: hi.....

welcome aboard

Old 07-14-2004, 04:21 PM

about the high pitchsound from your speakers... mine do that too.. go to radio shack/electronics store... and buy a Ground Loop Isolator. that will cure your problem... Im hoping that you have an amp and subs?? thatwas my problem.. I don't know what causes it, but that cures it.

welcome to the boards

Old 07-14-2004, 04:25 PM

get a new shift ****.. they are cheap and make the interior look nicer, stop at a local body shop.. they should have plastic tabs of all sizes to stick in that hole, with the paint.. best bet is new.. sand it all down before you go though and if you know what you are doing... prime it too that way you only pay for the paint and labor for the painting and not the prep work, about your sunroof... I've opened mine on both cars plenty of times without pulling back the shade first...that shouldn't have caused a problem. No clue about the brakes though...thats weird, are your rotors ok? maybe you should upgrade??

Old 07-14-2004, 05:40 PM

thanks for your responses burnt!!!

i have just a factory deck and 8 infinity factory speakers...but madmat said to get the loop isolator too so i'll try that...

i'm hesitant about sanding and priming my bumper on my own though...how much would it run to have them do it and wouldnt i have to repaint the whole car if i get the bumper done to match color? what about just touch-up paint? should i go to the dealer to get some or should i just put up the $$$ for a new job?

as far as my brakes, i've come to accept that diamante's (all mitsu cars for that matter) brakes are kinda shoddy...i dont really want to drop alot of money on brakes...i got my front ones replaced (again) last week for $190 including labor....

Old 07-17-2004, 03:09 AM

Welcome, try getting green stuff pads for your brakes they don't let off much dust as others do.

Old 07-19-2004, 12:11 AM

Welcome to the forum.

Old 07-20-2004, 09:12 PM

what are green stuff pads? is that ceramic?

Old 07-21-2004, 11:03 AM

Welcome

Old 07-21-2004, 11:13 AM

Most brake pads are technically ceramic. In some form or another... green stuff are known for good braking, low fade, and low dust... but all brakes produce a ceertian amount of dust...

also slotted and drilled rotors wear brakes quicker... FYI