New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

HKS SSQ Blow-Off Valve

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Default HKS SSQ Blow-Off Valve

hey every one watup im new to this place. i have a question and need sume suggestions. i just bought a HKS SSQ Blow-Off Valve for my evo 9. do you guys think i should installed it or no. i been asking around and i get alot of yes and nos so i tought i just ask an all mitsubishi forum. i bought this at a flea market super cheap less than a 1/4 of the prices. well anyways any suggestions would be good thanks.

Old 08-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Default RE: HKS SSQ Blow-Off Valve

NO!!!! period. TRUST me. I used it on my Evo and it was a huge mistake.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:41 AM

NEVER buy car parts 1/4 of the regular price. EVER!

If you do... NEVER install them on a car you bought for more than 1/4 ACV.

C'mon, seriously. Flea Market / Yard Sale parts have no buisness on a sophisticated machine.

Hey everyone, I bought an artificial heart at a yard sale for 1/4 the price of a new one... should I instal this in my grandmother? I've heard a lot on the "artificial heart" forums both yes/no. I know this "surgeon" who works out of a boarded up factory on the bad side of town who is sure he can put it in there (and get me a good deal on a new manifold for my Lancer too) and the guy I bought the heart from told me it was only used to get to church on weekends so I know it wasn't abused.

Don't do it. You bought a paper weight. Don't instal it, don't resell it.

Never buy performance parts 1/4 off unless it's a hell of a sale at a legitamate merchant. No to eBay... No to flea markets... no to yard sales. 'Nuff said.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Banned

I am betting he bought an HKS 'style' BOV on eBay. Whoops...knock off.

Old 08-03-2008, 03:53 PM

nahhh i did not buy this thing on ebay i dont but this kind of **** on ebay i know that everything their is a cheap ripoff. but thanks for all you opions i will take them to heart and not put it on. thanks. and since i here i do have one more question if u guys dont mind.i bought well i had one and just planing on transfering it to my evo i just need the new evo flange. http://www.evomoto.com/tech_info.php...&tech_id=6

i know its simple just take out the stock and put in the new simple right. well if u look at picture 4 look closely and the bov has 2 hose ports i know were the big one goes but how about the small niple what does that conect too???