New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

I'm new & curious! hehe!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Default That's cool

That GSX sounds pretty good, but just check it out and always try and get them to reduce the price as far as they will go. If there's any body dents, scrapes, etc. Then be like I'm going to have to fix this so can u reduce the price. It works believe me. Good luck though, I hope u get it.

Old 02-07-2006, 11:43 AM
Default RE: That's cool

If it's the Silver one I'd watch out...

Old 02-07-2006, 11:47 AM

Sounds like a good car. Did you take it out for a ride? I know you said that you don't know how to drive stick, but does your friend? Make sure that you take that car for a ride and get the vin and run a carfax report on it... Make sure the car wasn't wrecked or anything... Just a couple ideas that normal people don't think of when exited about buying a used car.... Have a good day!!

Old 02-07-2006, 12:46 PM

What you got against Silver? :-p

Old 02-07-2006, 01:18 PM

wow! so much info on what to do!!!! no i didnt take it for a drive. it was like 9pm. the guy freaking lives in the woods... Cedar Creek anyway. took me an hour & a half to find it. but yeah, i'm going back out tomorrow so my dad can look at it, drive it... and haggle with him on the price. i've seen it- the body looks fine- the interior is great. But to street surgeon- it's not silver.it's red. of course, the guy told me he's had a million people come look at it. but then he turned around and said he's been trying to sell it for a month now. guess i'll update you all tomorrow night when i find out if i'm emptying my bank account or not. thanks guys!

Old 02-07-2006, 01:25 PM

Good luck, there was a silver one that's been for sale forever and it's..... Not a car I would buy to put it nicely Good luck with the red one though, hope it all works out.

Old 02-07-2006, 01:27 PM

Keep us updated, sounds like a great car I wish I had gotten. *sighs*

Old 02-07-2006, 10:41 PM

ok guys... help me out here... my dad talked to my uncle because my uncle is a mechanic and he's who i turn to to fix my car. my uncle said that he doesn't like mitsubishi. He says that they're hard to work on and parts are expensive. He said if you take real good care of them, baby them real good, they're okay... they might last. But now they both think that I should look at getting something else. At the least, they don't want me getting an eclipse with turbo, however, they'd love to talk me out of getting a mitsubishi all together! SOME ONE PLEASE tell me something good! I have no way to counter them... y'all have mitsubishi cars of course... how bad are they really??? I NEED SOME DEFENSE HERE! I want an eclipse... turbo or no turbo. And my dad says it's up to me cause it's my money. So I can get this car no matter what... but... but...

Old 02-07-2006, 11:01 PM

You take care of them and they can last forever. Yeah, parts can be expensive but that's true for most imports, whether it be Honda, Nissan, etc etc. Either way, they usually cost more than domestic cars (made in the U.S.) parts, but the trade off is that generally speaking American cars are ****.

Old 02-07-2006, 11:07 PM

they arnt bad at all. I have had 3. my buddy had a 91 GSX with a TON of miles on it and he beat on it every day and another who had a 95 with 135k on it and running fine.

Your uncle is prob either a chevy or ford guy that is why he hates mitsus I bet. Domestic lovers hate mitsus just like mitsu lovers hate hondas.\ if you catch my drift

Quick Reply: I'm new & curious! hehe!