New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

Mexican Noob

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 01:56 AM
Default Mexican Noob

Hello all

I just want to say hello from Mexico, very close to California USA (some 10 minutes if there is no delay , Lancers being sold in Mexico. I just learned there are 2 flavors of it. The smaller one with not so hot engine (not the evo) is the one available in Mexico (120 HP sohc, in the ES, LS versions, more on the ralliart version) I have very good chances to get credit on an ES and I was wondering if it is possible to increase power and performance in this version. Even if the evo was available for the Mexican market (maybe it is, i did not see it at the Mitsu dealer though), I surely cannot afford it. But i would like to mod a nice car (currently driving a Ford Fiesta with only 90 hp at very high rpms and with only 2 valves per cilinder, not much to get power from, Brazilian durable, but not sporty engine). I would like to get a car to start moding progresively up to some 240 hp max, only for fun driving. Initially working on high power braking, then handling, then power (would love to turbo charge). Are there good chances in this platform to mod? is it worth it? I definately like the looks, but the fact that it doesn't have the same front as the evo (not as Gigi Galli's car at all [&o] ) kinda puts me down, but not a big deal. The car is very nice and i think it has a very attractive price. Can you guys give me some advice? sorry if this has been discussed before, i spent my energies in a evo forum only to find out there are 2 flavors of lancers [:@]

Old 09-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Mexican Noob

welcome to the forum!

there are companies online (although the name is currently evading my memory) who specialize in both evo, and non-evo performance....if i recall correctly, they have a VERY fast OZ rally lancer. so yes, there are performance parts out there for the non-evo lancer

Old 09-22-2005, 12:07 AM

Thanks Patrick

Looks very promising. I found a site called www.roadracemotors.com they seem to sell many items for it. I like the car a lot and is a good chance for me to have a decent car. I am awaiting right now if they aprove my credit.

Thanks again

Hector

Old 09-22-2005, 12:10 AM

sorry

forgot to ask, how does people refer to the non evo lancer? maybe mivek, as in the performance parts site?

regards

Hector

Old 10-16-2005, 04:17 PM

Welcome to the forums, Hector! We usually just call them Lancers, I do believe.