New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

noOobiEe!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Default noOobiEe!!

Hello everyone, im new to the site. Decided to get some knowledge off of here because i'm thinking about getting a lancer myself pretty soon. I've did a little research here and there about the new 2009 lancer ralli-art edition that is coming soon. I am really interested in it and was thinking about waiting for it to come out. But is it possible to get the 2009 lancer GTS and just bolt on a turbo kit(if there's any yet)for it? Although its not going to be an AWD, it is possible right? I really don't know the price on the '09 lancer ralli-art yet, so i can't really make a decision either. EVO's are nice but the price is too much for me. I really need a new car, and one of these lancers are going to be it.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Default RE: noOobiEe!!

welcome to the forum.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:51 PM

Glad to be here

Old 07-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome

Old 07-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Banned

No turbo kits. Thats a bad idea.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:09 PM

If you find a GOOD aftermarket bolt-on turbo, replace the intake, add headers, get a new catalytic converter and muffler, and custom bend a new exhaust... then reprogram the ECM... you'll get pretty close to turning a GTS into a 2-wheel drive RalliArt with a less robust transmission.

Keep in mind that GOOD aftermarket turbos are hard to come by especially considering the 2009 GTS is the first year of the 2.4l in there. Get a cheap one off eBay and you'll regret it after the first time a crappy weld breaks and throws a fin. It's probably going to be a year or so before there's lots ofquality "tuner" parts for this car.

Consider this:

I just bought a loaded Lancer GTS for 23k. Even if you want the bare model (no "Sun and Sound" or Navi) you're probably going to come in about $18k - $20k. The above modifications will probably run you about $5k - $8k which makes your car's total cost $23k - $28k base ($28k - $31k loaded).

I haven't seen prices on the RalliArt yet but considering the Evo Xs are in the mid $30s I'm guessing the RalliArt will be high $20s - $30k.

Bottom line: If you want a RalliArt you're better off buying one than trying to mod a GTS into one. Remember you can negotiate on the price of a car but try as I may I've never been successful trying to haggle prices at PepBoys or Summit Racing.