New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

proud newbie

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 01:27 AM
Default proud newbie

hello, Randy here. Im the owner of a 95 Eclipse (1g, 2g? I have NO clue!) 2.0 non-turbo. I just bought this car wrecked in January(hit by a deer) and since I used to own a mechanics and auto shop, I bought the car for 1600 buckaroos since the person that had it couldnt afford to fix it. The engine had JUST been rebuilt like 3000 miles before I bought it. Has some other mods like some kind of preformance exhaust, some kind of air filter system and lord knows what else. I am new to Mitsubishi so I dont really have a clue about them other than I can fix it if I have to. I know I have seen and heard people say that these non-turbos are not quick, but let me tell ya, its NOTHING to take this damn thing at 150mph. Seems to outrun most things I have raced on the streets. I wish I knew more about them cause I really dont know why this damn thing is as fast as it is, but around here, that car is known for it. I think all in all I now have around $2500 in her and I have yet to repair a little damage to the pass side door (alot of that money includes stereo ****, tires, etc.) wish I knew how to upload pics in this forum because I have before and after pics of the work I done to it. In fact, if anyone could help me with this I can send you pics to upload for me! Oh, and on a side note, plans for next year include new rims and tires, and my son is wanting me to put a body kit on it, and we are for sure doing that. oh, and he also wants me to put a roof scoop on it too. I know alot of ppl here are not fans of body kits, but hey, my son is probably going to own this car within the next 4 years so what the hell, he is a pretty good kid! well if I havent bored you all enough just let me know and I can keep going....later people!

PS. oh yeah.....great to be here!

Old 04-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Default RE: proud newbie

First let me say Welcome......... What year is the Eclipse? Also don't do the roof scoop, they look bad and really aren't functional........If u wanna do some cool exterior mods, buy a Carbon Fiber Hood and Trunk......they look sweet and are much stronger and lighter than the stock pieces.

Old 04-06-2006, 02:23 PM

welcome, save the hood scoops for the hondas(they need them lol), btw you have a 2g, 95-99 were 2g cars. Also some 420a's(non turbo motors) were factory freeks. A kid on another forum had a cai and a gst exaust and was running 15.4 on his 420a... but he wrecked it. It dosent take much to get the car to go 150, I personally have only went 135 and got scard. I dont have high speed rated tires, the suspension is obsoleat for manurvering over 120, the wong dosent make any down force past 115, the only brake upgrade I had were slotted rotors, and I didnt have a front lip.

Old 04-06-2006, 05:42 PM

welcome to the site.... The question is ya it can hit those speeds but after how long of flooring it downa straight road lol it will take all day I know from experience with my old 4G64 which is more power full. even the EVO takes some time to hit 130 forget about 150 lol they are not highway hi speed cars

Old 04-06-2006, 06:15 PM

150 your a mad man ive only gone 135 and i got a gst you crazy mad newdie

Old 04-06-2006, 06:25 PM

you all think thats bad, I got a 160 in a 55 and papers to prove it, was on a CBR 600 f2. They caught me 2 weeks later but I was young and dumb and plea-bargained in court. They dropped the fleeing and eluding and wreckless driving, but the speeding ticket cost me $500!

and to SKYLINE......I put that its a 95 model

Old 04-06-2006, 06:30 PM

well thats just stupied fast on a bike u hit a rat and your dead

Old 04-06-2006, 06:37 PM

160 in a 55... not bad, in nov I got hit doing 110 in a 65 and lost my licence.

Old 04-06-2006, 06:51 PM

yes it is stupid fast, sure wouldnt do that again. But as I said, I was young and dumb. I do have to say Im shocked about the negativity about speed on this forum though. Around here speed is as natural as a trip to the store.

also I might add I live in a VERY rural area with LOTS of open roads, I sure wouldnt be driving like this on roads that are even remotely busy.

Old 04-06-2006, 09:11 PM

WAIT, you got a 420 to do what? Mine takes all day to get to 100 lol, wtf is on it?

Quick Reply: proud newbie