Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

420a 1g turbo??

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 11:44 PM
Question 420a 1g turbo??

Ok so to start I have a 96 420a, its been pretty much rebuilt like 2000 miles ago, new rings, bearings, remachined crank, valve seals, head gasket, basically all gaskets, and thats about it. I know it would help if i get new head bolts but thats not really an option currently since I drive this every day and am in college, so this turbo will go on over a wkend once I get all the parts I need. I have money just no other car to drive if I did major major surgery to do this turbo. So im just gonna stick with running either 4 or 8 #s once its on.

Ok so now for the good stuff.

I came across a wrecked gst in the junkyard, still has the motor and turbo in it, im gonna grab the turbo and all the lines there and downpipe and also the injectors for it next time i get a chance to get to the junkyard.

The engine is a 1g swap and I believe the turbo is the stock one. Looks a lot like a td-05 or something similar like that.

Now I know most of the stuff I'll have to get like an intercooler kit, oil line(s), boost controller, bov, wg, header, boost guage, possibly a fuel pump, but what all things do I have to do to connect the actual turbo to my motor, like where do the certain lines connect, like the j pipe and all that?

I know of course how to do the oil line, thats an easy one ha, its just all these other lines I saw like a pipe on the front of the motor that had a hose running to the turbo. Im unsure of what that was and how important it would be for me to get that or what. Also like I said the j pipe i have no idea where the other end that doesnt connect to the turbo goes.

I'm hoping you guys can help me out a bit, I'll take pics of the wrecked car when I go and then ill take pics as well of my car to show you what Im working with.

I know its kind of hard to get what I mean when Im a newb on turbos and such but hopefully you guys catch what Im talking about and can help me out. Thanks guys.

Edit: I think I may have figured out already now what the J pipe is ha, theres still all that other info I need help with so please feel free to give any and all help. Just to make sure though tell me what the J pipe is and where it connects anyways guys. I believe its the pipe that goes from the end of the turbo and connects to more piping and is essentially connected to the intercooler, yes, no??

Last edited by 96420ars; 05-27-2009 at 12:31 AM. Reason: found out more info on topic in original post
Old 05-28-2009, 02:32 PM

Never mind guys, I went back to the junkyard today and the whole engine had finally been taken outta the car like it was orginally supposed to be haha, guess the junkyard people finally went around and saw it there haha, ohh well, ohh but I did get the injectors from it already luckily so I'm curious if you guys can tell me what size the stock injectors are for a 1g 4g63??

Old 05-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

Auto 390 cc
Manual 450cc

Old 05-28-2009, 10:17 PM

Thanks, well turns out now that they dont fit on my fuel rail.
I was pissed but ohh well, I guess that happens when you get injectors from an a different engine, ohh well.
I knew I shoulda grabbed the fuel rail too haha.