Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

420a turbo a/f questions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 01:25 AM
Default 420a turbo a/f questions...

Through some trading, I've got a '97 eclipse with 420a. It has a T3 on it and hardly anything else done to it. I'm going to sell it so I dont want to go to extreme with it. It has no intercooler, no BOV. The only mod's are a bigger fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator, catback and boost gauge. It also has an external waste on it and an MSD ignition. I'm wanting to get a little more power out of it so I can get a little more money. It's currently got 6lbs of boost. I'm wanting to up it to about 10 or 11 lbs, put an intercooler on, which came with car but not installed and put on a BOV. Heres a few questions since I'm familar with the 4g63 and not the 420a.
Will the 450 injectors from a GST work on the 420a? and how are y'all 420a'ers adjusting the A/F ratio? I was told that a SAFC wont work on the 4020a. Any tips or tricks on adjusting it? Do you think I will have any problems with idleing or anything else? It currently idles fine. All the intake piping has been removed and maybe even the sensor (maf or mas)> I'm not sure, I know on the GST its on the factory piping not sure what the 420a has since all that is gone now.

Old 09-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Default RE: 420a turbo a/f questions...

well the first thing I would do is get a fmu. It depends on what exactly you have for a fpr, most people mistake a cartech fmu or a sfmu for a fpr, but you basically want a rising rate regulator to add fuel as the car sees boost. Most people are sdjusting their a/f ratios using a sfmu, round 11.00-11.50. You could use a safc, they aren't made for the 420a but can be made to work for one. If you need to get a wiring directions for one e-mail me or pm me and I can send you a link for the directions. Anyway I dunno if the mitsu injectors will work with the 420a, most people just opt to get #24 ford mustang injectors and the ecu is able to controle them alone. If you go too big you need a safc to control the injectors.

The 420a dosent have a maf, its got a mas which is located at the far left side of the intake manifold. Its a little guy thats held in with two bolt.

What suprised me about your set up isant the lack of a fuel system, I have herd of people just slaping on a turbo and letting her ride at 5 psi, personally I woulden't but w/e. Anyway the only year that does not need a mas clamp is a 95, so you either have a missing link(check valve) or a fuel cut defender(voltage clamp) that you dont know about. If not, then that sir would be one of the factory freeks that exist. So far their are 4 that are known of, two were running low 15's with only a intake, and another was a non 95 and didnt need a maft or mas and was wicked fast with a stage two kit. Check your pm box