Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

6g72 turbo manifold

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 04:27 PM
Default 6g72 turbo manifold

I drive a 2004 Dodge Stratus R/T with the 6G72. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a turbo manifold that would fit it. The 3000gt manifold doesn't fit, but the 2000+ v6 eclipse manifolds do fit my car. I'm also looking for 6g74 injectors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-28-2005, 05:36 PM
Default RE: 6g72 turbo manifold

currently, there are not turbo manifolds made for the 6G72 thats in the 3G V6 and the Stratus R/T(it's the same engine). turbo'ed 3G V6's use the stock manifolds.

you could check with RPW. they make a ton of parts of the 3G. i know that they have a twin turbo setup for the 6G72, but i don't know if it uses the stock manifolds or custom turbo manifolds.

Old 12-30-2005, 01:07 PM

I checked RPW and they want more for their manifolds than I payed for my turbos(I have a pair of garrett T3's). I was reading the other 6g72 turbo post and you mention vr4 pistons and rings, that, and the rods would wor in my motor if the work in the 3g eclipse, correct? That could be a great way for me to save some money and get a little extra boost.

Old 12-30-2005, 06:14 PM

ORIGINAL: x_spearmint

I checked RPW and they want more for their manifolds than I payed for my turbos(I have a pair of garrett T3's). I was reading the other 6g72 turbo post and you mention vr4 pistons and rings, that, and the rods would wor in my motor if the work in the 3g eclipse, correct? That could be a great way for me to save some money and get a little extra boost.
I thought the T3 was the turbo mike blew his motor with?? im not sure of that but I talked with russ about it and he said it runs to hot for the V6 to be able to run more than 6PSI. I may be mistaken on which turbo but I know the 6G72 is a little fusey to boost and the pistons are crap

Old 12-31-2005, 03:09 AM

Do any of you know a site I might be able to find vr4 replacement pistons, rods, and rings?

Old 01-01-2006, 01:41 PM

i don't know about the rods but the pistons will fit.

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

I thought the T3 was the turbo mike blew his motor with?? im not sure of that but I talked with russ about it and he said it runs to hot for the V6 to be able to run more than 6PSI. I may be mistaken on which turbo but I know the 6G72 is a little fusey to boost and the pistons are crap
i don't think it was the T3 turbo persay, it was the .50 a/r of the turbine side(unless all T3's come with a .50a/r turbine). the .50a/r is too small for the V6 to run more than 5-6psi. mike ran 8psi for a while before blowing the engine.

Old 01-01-2006, 03:34 PM

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

i don't know about the rods but the pistons will fit.

i don't think it was the T3 turbo persay, it was the .50 a/r of the turbine side(unless all T3's come with a .50a/r turbine). the .50a/r is too small for the V6 to run more than 5-6psi. mike ran 8psi for a while before blowing the engine.
ya I wasnt sure if the T3 came with the .50a\r either but we know mike had one so as long as it isnt the .50 a/r then it should be fine.

Now as far as the Rods I was always under the impression the 6G72 in the 3Gs shared the same rods as the VR4 but just had weak pistons. I know stock rods can take around 500HP before they get to weak to hold on

Old 01-02-2006, 01:00 AM

ya I wasnt sure if the T3 came with the .50a\r either but we know mike had one so as long as it isnt the .50 a/r then it should be fine.

Now as far as the Rods I was always under the impression the 6G72 in the 3Gs shared the same rods as the VR4 but just had weak pistons. I know stock rods can take around 500HP before they get to weak to hold on
yeah the rods are the same...i was thinking about the cranks being different.

Old 01-02-2006, 06:20 PM

I was unaware that the rods were actually the same. So all I really need is the vr4 pistons and rings?

Old 01-02-2006, 06:22 PM

I was unaware that the rods were actually the same. So all I really need is the vr4 pistons and rings?
why not buy custom ones they will be better ya know

Quick Reply: 6g72 turbo manifold