Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

actuator solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Default actuator solenoid

my car is stuttering as i push the gas turbo spoolin but the car is goin no where i was told it was my waste gate actuator solenoid ant info on that....i just got my inserts ...and i was gonna get the greddy profec bc instead of spendin money on the solenoid cause the bc comes with one i was told.....

Old 05-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Banned
Default RE: actuator solenoid

If you ask me i say you have a boost leak. Or the wastegate could be stuck. Get down there and check it out.

Old 05-07-2007, 06:48 PM

i did but there was no visible damage thats why i took it to the mechanic who then connected it to a computer and drove it at first he said it was my vacume lines so i got those replace and it still wasnt running good when he checked it out he said it was my waste gate solenoid actuator...so this is where i am at right now its runnin like **** and its pissen me off every time i try to accelerate it spools but sputters like pppaaaapppppaaapp < like that :O0 soo he also checked for a leak and there was none...so have you encounterd this or heard of this ...

Old 05-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

sounds like your misfiring to me. I would check the spark plugs and wires

Old 05-08-2007, 06:57 PM

i did that but themechanic thought it was misfiring but he took out the plug of which he thought was the one and said it still had spark so noone has ever heard of this actuator problem....ill get sum ngk plugs and see if that helps...but all at the same time i changed the plugs wires and vacume lines that why this solenoid is in the equation

Old 05-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

well i guess it could be the wastegate solenoid. Or it might even be the Boost control solenoid. Or it might only be something not lining up in the wastegate causing low boost. I would say get a MBC first to see if its the BCS. If that doesnt fix it then its something in thewastegate

Old 05-08-2007, 09:11 PM

so do all the electric bc come with the solenoid..thats what i was told and why i came to the conclusion to get the bc instead of the wastegate solenoid itself which cost 100 and up when the bc comes with it

Old 05-08-2007, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

no a boost controller only gets rid of the BCS, not the actuator

Old 05-08-2007, 11:53 PM

not tha actuator solenoid? so i have to buy the solenoid which is causing all this mayhem so the mechanic told me wrong....when i went to look at som bc the guy told me that the piece that is bad (actuator solenoid) comes with the bc
SAFC 2 vs dsm link which is better

Old 05-09-2007, 12:00 AM

you think he ment my bcs is causing this sputerring and poor performance

Quick Reply: actuator solenoid