Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

building a motor for boost

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 04:38 PM
Default building a motor for boost

hi i was just wondering what r some things i should buy for my talon to build the motor, like were r the best places to get the things i need, its the 420a motor with the hahnracecraft super 16g kit, with 3inch apexi exhuast, spearco fmic, apexi avcr

i wanna build the motor to hold alot of boost so lemme know

Old 03-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Default RE: building a motor for boost

Depending on how far you want to go you're gonna have a lot of choices. If you want moderate boost but not too much, like around 20 or so you should be alright with a nice head gasket and some new piston rings depending on their condition and miles on the engine. If you want to boost the hell out of it I would build the engine from the rotating assembly up, forged piston and rods, possibly a new crank, good quality head studs and bolts and of course all new gaskets. Also if you are planning on boosting to any significant level you will have to upgrade the fuel system as well to keep the AFR in check so you don't burn your pistons. As far as vendors if you don't know exactly what parts you want to use, try and find a performance shop, that way they can help you out with selections. There's some places I have found online like DSMparts.com that seem like good places and I've always had good luck with summit if they have what you need.

Old 04-12-2005, 01:04 PM

not trying to be mean but you will never be able to hund v8's with that motor

Old 04-22-2005, 05:05 PM

Alright, first off, what everyone said above is correct, but u dont have to do it. ne engine that you add ricer juice to is goign to need modifications. THATS ONLY IF YOU PLANNING ON GOIGN INSAIN ON THE SHOT. you can buy dry shot set ups that will let you fire up to 75 horsepower without changing a single thing on your engine. u just plop in the nitrous and yoru good to go, ( u will need 91 octane fule ) as for my acount being new and this being my first account, i was originaly a hyundai guy, i was running a 97 accent and i did have nitrous in it for 2 years. i modified the hell out of that thing and i knwo mystuff on upgrades etc... www.hyundaiperformance.com is the website, my user name was Sleek_accent. ok so there is my proof that i knwo what im talkign about. So here is what you can do.

you are runnign an eagle talon, i have raced a stock eagle talon with my accent done up and beaten it, but barly. i recently have met a friend that owns an eagle talon running headers and a stright threw exaust with a cold air intake. thats all, and hes an automatic. he beats me now by nearly 3 cars, so with a 75 shot of nitrous, im sure he would own a V8. now back to the nitrous.

a company called zex or nitrous express are your best bets. i woudl stay away from noss mainly because they deal more with domestic wet or direct porting shots. DO NOT PORT YOUR NITROUS SYSTEM, your 4 banger block will not handle it unless you are willign to modify the hell out of it. but right now were just talking basic. 

zex and NX offer a maximum fireing range of 75 horsepower on a basic dry shot. ne thign hire and u may cause what is called detonation. detonation is when there is an uneaven mix of the nitrous and fule ratio, thus causeing the cylynder heads to litraly melt. but dont fear this, it WILL NOT happen as long as u are runnign 91 octain and yoru fule lines are clean and u dont fire ne hire then 75 horsepower. The system is a bolt and play setup. u buy the nitrous kit out of the box for about 800 canadian and it comes with everythign you need along with intructions. my first nitrous kit was a zex system and they were great, i was able to contact them toll free just to ask question on instalation. the instalation itself took me about 6 hours but i was hideing the steel wires and cables etc... it should only take 3 hours if you wana toss it in there fast.

in all man.. your car WILL handle a dry shot with no problems regardless of the amount of kilometers u have on. u DO NOT have to modify ne thign on yoru engine as long as u stay under 75 horsepower and this is most likly the BEST GAIN you can buy for that price. i have been useing nitrous for 2 years now, and i cant even get in a car unless its loaded with the stuff. good luck man and message me if u got ne more questions.

Danny

Old 05-02-2005, 12:54 AM

I don't know if you could beat a v8, because my friend has a talon and same mods and a zex kit and gets killed by my friend in his t/a, but the t/a does have full exhaust, but you could probably beat stangs.

Old 05-09-2005, 03:55 PM

I can rock the **** out of a V8. Not all, but most. It depends on the driver.