Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Holset HX-35 Turbocharger?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Default Holset HX-35 Turbocharger?

As you can see my car in the post before this. Would anyone know if the DSM bolt on Holset HX-35 turbo from dsmparts.com Would this be a good turbo for my car ? If so can anyone let me know exactly what i mite need such as intercooler, fueling, intake and so 0n! Thanks for any help!

Old 02-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Default RE: Holset HX-35 Turbocharger?

What are you looking to have when its all done? If your looking for a built monster then yes thats a good turbo, but your looking at $$.. If your lookin for a quick daily driver, I would go with a big 16g.. Its more practical and its still a quick turbo..

Old 02-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Banned

Hello,
just saw your post and thought I'd chime in . They HX-35 is a great turbo. It spools well enough to be a daily driver, and flows enough for BIG top-end power. It really depends on your goals for the car however. I didnt see the other post about your car, but supporting mods to take advantage of this turbo would include larger injectors, fuel pump, and intercoole. Something to tune the car with, preferably something that can control ignition aswell as fuel (dsmlink or an EMS) but an SAFC will do if your on a budget. I sent you a PM as well, let me know if I can help you out at all.

-Berty

Old 02-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

yea the thing with his car is that he does have all the supporting mods and more. He doesnt even know half the stuff hes got. And the other thing is your goal also. Only looking for 4-500hp id say there are more efficient turbos that will get you what you want than that one and cheaper. DTM do you know where i can find a compressor map of this turbo cuz i kinda have a feeling its not gonna be efficient enough at the lower boost levels.

Old 02-05-2007, 05:45 PM

Sure this turbo is "bigger" than some but if he ran a 3" exhaust that would allow the turbo to spool quicker..correct? Wouldn't a EVO III 16G be a more reasonable size and is capable of plenty of power?

Old 02-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: UnderTheRadar

Sure this turbo is "bigger" than some but if he ran a 3" exhaust that would allow the turbo to spool quicker..correct? Wouldn't a EVO III 16G be a more reasonable size and is capable of plenty of power?
just because its a 3" exhaust isnt gonna change the fact that the turbo wont really work that efficient at lower boost levels and that the motor still wont be able to supply the right amount air either. The exhaust wont make a very big change. And yes i bevieve the 16g is a good fit. But if he wants around 400hp, the 16g isnt gonna support it.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:33 PM

Interesting...and thank you....So what turbo do you recommend and with what exhaust manifold( because he needs a new one)..?? thanks

Old 02-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

why does he need a new turbo. What kinda is in there now?

Old 02-05-2007, 06:57 PM

Oo sorry he needs a new exhaust manifold (its cracked)..

Old 02-05-2007, 08:06 PM

I don't know what turbo is on it now but it was strong... But UTREVO wants to run quite a bit of HP. From what I read the Evo3 16G can put down some power for an affordable price.

Quick Reply: Holset HX-35 Turbocharger?