Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

need turbo fo bov?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Default need turbo fo bov?

i went to an import store today and i looked around for some Blow off Valves...
the worker asked if i got a turbo in it..and unfortunately i don't...so the worker told me it's useless to install it...won't make it faster or won't even make any "pssssssh" sounds...is that true?

whenever ppl ask what car i got...and when i tell 'em i drive a LANCER...they always say "Evo?" and back of my mind...always the same answer "i wish" lol

Old 07-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Default RE: need turbo fo bov?

a blow off valve lets out air that the motor doesnt use, that is forced by a turbo... So if you dont have a turbo, you dont have any forced air that needs to get released.. A blow off valve simply releases air.. Nothing more.

Old 07-26-2007, 02:00 AM

Like TheAdvocate said, All it does is releases the air that gets trapped in the intercooler pipes after the throttle body closes. The bov releases this air so it doesnt go back to the turbo causing the turbine to spin backwards, called compressor surge and that isnt good. So to answer your question, Yes you need a turbo to get the psssssh and no it wouldnt do you any benefit at all to install it.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:00 PM

wow lol. i can't say anything i used to be this new also. you don't need a bov. if you want it just for the sound than... well... i guess get a loud stereo lol. turbo'ing your car just to hear the sound of a bov isn't worth turbo'ing the car... i can already see those wheels turning in your head lol. it's apx 5k to turbo a car. if you ask me, just to hear a sound is just dumb.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:04 PM

Okay now i see...disregard my post on the other forum.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:16 AM

sorry, but i gotta ask...... please tell me they were not rude and laughed when u asked... everyone starts out new, and to ppl that know alot about cars, that would be just to them a "dumb" question... ur not the only one that likes that sound.... i think that sound is the GREATEST sound in the world..... if only i had it.... good thing u came here to learn, the ppl here are VERY nice and VERY helpful... idk if u have aim but if you do my name on there is hatchetman9449... any questions that u think may be dumb or easy/short answers just hit me up... im not the smartest one here at all, but i know what its like to ask a question and get laughed at...welcome to the forum man...

Old 07-31-2007, 05:02 PM

No one made fun of him... Its all good. You gotta start somewhere.. Before I got into turbo cars I couldnt even tell you what it looked like..

Old 08-11-2007, 08:08 PM

since this is a post about BOV's, does anybody know how much horsepower a bov will add? which ones are good for a 97 Eclipse Spyder GST? and.... hopefully a link to a page on how to install them. My car already makes that noise... psssshh... so do i already have a bov? oh my.... clearly i'ma rookie too...haha. thanks Shaun

Old 08-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Banned

Yes you already have a BOV... the stock one is a peice of ****.

No it wont add any more power

Old 08-11-2007, 08:15 PM

A bov wont add hp, man. You DO have a stock bov though. Chances are that its not releasing to atmosphere.... and you shouldnt force it to.

Quick Reply: need turbo fo bov?