Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Overboosting

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 01:52 AM
Default RE: Overboosting

ORIGINAL: hiflyen

I would like to eventually turbo my GS where did you get all of your research????? There are alot hater's on this site that are trash talk the 420A folks. It's like going to the nail salon and listening to who has the best hair.
Ok.... he has a cool head and i actually ignored that he called the other members retard.. but your comment, man... first of all... if youre an all awesome as you pretend to be use a thing called search up there on the top... MILLIONS of time has the turbo'd 420a conversion being mentioned.
Second, No haters dude, everyone's giving out an opinion, learn to shut up and listen, they are right 60% of the time anyways... building a 420a for speed is more expensive than actually getting a 4g63...
Third... i OWN a 420a and im not actually dissin you out... its FACTS...

Welcome to the forum ndub, like your car

Old 04-23-2008, 05:48 AM

60% of the time they are right everytime, yeah going to the movie quotes

Old 04-23-2008, 09:00 AM

looks clean ya we dont hate on people that want to turbo their 420a its just expensive to do and i personally wouldnt put that time in. if your going to thats cool. i cant wait

Old 04-23-2008, 11:58 AM

hiflyen- Reaserchis probably the easiest thing to do it the world. Talk to people man, I just go out to the street races where there are tons of people who have turbo projects and tons of people that know there stuff. I know quite a bit, but I grew up around V-8's. My grandpa is big into rebuilding old muscle cars so my hole life I've just been around supercharging chevy big blocks. So thats how i know motor work, but turbos are different, when i first looked into it i didnt know much about them but by talking to people and just going online google searching and talking of forums i learned about it. I havnt met any haters on this site, they just straight up tell it how it is so far, yeah im gonna say it to the 4G63T is a much better motor than the 420a.

Thanks for the replys everyone this is turning more into a convo/argument about 420a compareds to the 4G63T, but i dont mind i find it funny.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:48 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

60% of the time they are right everytime, yeah going to the movie quotes
Is it really? lol from which one??

Old 04-23-2008, 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: atown420

looks clean ya we dont hate on people that want to turbo their 420a its just expensive to do and i personally wouldnt put that time in. if your going to thats cool. i cant wait
I can see what your saying that its expensive to go turbo, but look at it from my view, My parents bought my car for me, I found a cheap used kit, and I like doing the work. You know if you were me in this situation you would be doing the exact same thing. Oh and i cant wait till its done too. I'll make sure to get some pics up, and I love making videos so I'm deffinatly gonna make one. Here is a video i made one day when i was bored, every clip in it is from just one day messing around so its not anything specialbut it sure was a fun day.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=T4nei6AF-GE

Old 04-23-2008, 02:28 PM

i've heard that song somewhere before.... where else does it show up?

Old 04-24-2008, 09:55 AM

sweet vid. if i had the car already and the used kir for a good price i would try it. but it is sure alot of work. good luck on the conquest we will see ya around

Old 04-24-2008, 09:02 PM

ndub what kind of internal mods have to be done to throw turbo into a 420A? My dad was a was a mech too, but he never turboed anything. I learned a lot from him. How many girls on her have done much then routine maitence? I've swaped motors, changed timing componants, water pumps, on my first full rebuild... you get the point.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:33 PM

Im not doing any internal mods to my eclipse, its gonna be all stock motor with bolt on turbo kit. Im probably gonna upgrade the fuel system with bigger injectors and fuel pump, but right now its stock motor.
Ya swaping motors is easy, well if your putting the same motor in. I've helped with some crazy honda swaps before and some of those have actually been really challenging, my friend Bobby has an 88 crx, and we swapped an H22 into it which was not easy at all, the main reason was the motor didnt fit so we had to cut away part of his wheel wells and i think we used a grinder more than we used a wrench.
Now u said your dad was a mech, do you mean an actual mech like he worked on cars for a living? My grandpa does it for fun, he's a farmer for his living but with his free time he restores old muscle cars and when he gets them done he sells them and starts on a new one.

Quick Reply: Overboosting