Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Question for "TheEngineer"

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 12:57 AM
Default Question for "TheEngineer"

Hey, Engineer.
Is the third turbo kit on this page the kit that I should get to make a 97-99 GSX Eclipse to get aroung 350 whp?. . . What supporting mods would I need?
http://www.turbo-kits.com/eclipse_turbo_upgrades.html
Thank-you very muchfor your help.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:08 AM
Banned
Default RE: Question for "TheEngineer"

Looks good to me

Remember, if you dont know when the timing belt was changed... change it. If you dont know when the oil was changed, change it and if you dont know when the plugs where changed... change them. You need to do these things before you start modding.

If you do get that turbo make sure you get the one with the external wastegate. This will stop boost creep and stop your motor from going pop.

Suporting mods are as follows: MBC/EBC, Exhaust, Intake, BOV (recirculated), Tial wastegate, 660cc injectors, ACT 2600 clutch,SAFC II or DSM Link, 255lph fuel pump, FPR, boost guage, wideband guage, and FMIC.

That is the BASIC setup. You might not get 350 out of just that. The optional mods are: 262 cams, cam gears, intake manifold, fuel rail, port everything (turbo inlet and o2 housing and exhaust manifold)

Old 03-21-2007, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Well the only thing is, that turbo actually max's at around 350-380HP. Sooo i guess you could potentially get it, but only with the right supportingmods and a good tune. But the 16g is one of the most common upgrades to a DSM. Like sebba said, make sure you do your reasearch. Your gonna need more than that kit to get that thing putting out more HP. You could just bolt that turbo on with intake and exhuast but youd only be able to run around 12-14psi on it.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Banned

Exactly. Thats why i said, you might not get the power you want with JUST those things. One step up will surely do the job

Old 03-21-2007, 05:22 PM

I'm embarrassed to say that you guys are talking a little over my head. . . I know what anExhaust, Intake, and an ACT 2600 clutch are, but that's about it. . . How much would all these mods run me?

Old 03-21-2007, 07:42 PM

You should do some research before you start modding your car because it sounds like you are new to the whole wrenching/modding thing. There are a lot of good writeups around that go into great detail about the steps you should take when modding your car. Also check out vfaq.com for some good tech articles.

Old 03-21-2007, 08:13 PM

Hes not a real engineer.....he drives a train lol

Old 03-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: F.O.G.

Hes not a real engineer.....he drives a train lol
HAHAHA. Hey thats still an engineer. its a "locomotive engineer" right

Old 03-21-2007, 11:03 PM
Banned

Since you asked so nicely i will break everything down for you

MBC/EBC = Boost controller... one is manual and one is electric. The electric you can adjust from the car and the manual you have to get under the hood.

Exhaust = Anything 3" and that has a cat delete option... this one is all about sound.. so thats personal preferance

BOV = blow off valve. Recomended are the HKS SSQV and dont forget a recirculation kit! Do a searsh for that and you will find the kit

Tial Wastegate = So you dont get boost creep. Its a little expensive but well worth it so you dont pop the motor. Recomended 38mm

660cc Injectors = Well... obvious. Recomended Denso.

SAFC IIor DSM Link = The tuning device for the injectors. You will get more power with DSM Link but its also more expensive

255lph fuel pump= Self explanitory. Recomended Walbro

FPR = Fuel pressure regulator. Anything will do

boost guage = i hope you know what this is

wideband guage = Displays your live air fuel ratio. NOT narrowband. Narrowband only tells you "Rich" "Lean" or "Ok" and thats f-ing useless

FMIC = Front mount intercooler. Recomended Dejonpowerhouse or Buschur racing. What ever your budget will allow

262 cams = Camshafts. There are 2 made by HKS. 262's and 272's. The 272's are for bigger turbo setups. Little too aggressive for a 16g

cam gears = Take off the timing belt cover and you will see 2 gears... thats what those are

intake manifold= The big metal thing that the intercooler pipe leads to

fuel rail = This connects to the injectors and is right in front of the intake manifold

And porting is just the widening of intake/exhaust holes for better flow

You are lucky. I never do this for anyone. I hate people being lazy. But you seem like a cool guy so il make an exception lol

Old 03-21-2007, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

wow, consider yourself lucky to not have sebba flip out for not searching, haha. If you ever have a question on some of the acronymns we use then go here https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_83436/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Question for "TheEngineer"