Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

repost fuel cut

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Default repost fuel cut

i own a 97 gst spyder with 98000 miles on it my curent mods are in my signature.....i am also running stock boost besides the bcs ristrictor bein removed......my question is why am i gettin fuel cut and also every time i take it to 6000rpm and i shift from second to third at high boost in grinds!and i also don think my car is runing at top performance...any suggestions!!!!please......and also (pray its not crank walk) i was pushing it today and i was in gear like 2nd and 3rd and my rpms went up to 6000rpm fast but my car wasnt moving as fast as it should have been i thought i wasnt gripping cause of bad tires but i went from 2nd to 3rd and then 4th and my rpms were just goin up and car wasnt goin wit it...please help...thanks...

Old 01-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: repost fuel cut

Ok ill try and split up the answers since there was a few in there

"why am i gettin fuel cut and also every time i take it to 6000rpm "

this could be the result of a few different things. You may need to replace something in your fuel system like the pump/filter/or injectors are clogged, you may have a bad wastegate causing it to overboost. Or you may have a leak somewhere cuasing you to run too rich. Its really hard to tell.

"i shift from second to third at high boost in grinds"

Since its only one gear that is giving you the problem im gonna say you have a bad syncro in the tranny for third gear. It may not be that but generally that is the case.

"i was pushing it today and i was in gear like 2nd and 3rd and my rpms went up to 6000rpm fast but my car wasnt moving as fast as it should have been i thought i wasnt gripping cause of bad tires but i went from 2nd to 3rd and then 4th and my rpms were just goin up and car wasnt goin wit it"

This is an easy one . Your clutch is slipping on you. So your probably gonna need to have that replaced.

Now for your car not perfomign as good as you think it should, i think that if you do some simple replacements on your car it should be alittle better. Just do a tune up with plugs and wires, change out the air filter and fuel filter. These things can make a world of difference if they are going.

Old 01-23-2007, 05:20 PM

my clutch and flywheel was replaced not to long ago....the only thing is that the instructions said to use only the 95 year hard ware why i dont know....but if u say its the clutch i trust u...i guess i need to replace a synchro<(how much how hard) fuel filter and injectors<<what cc tho...and the air filter on the intake..i have a k&n filter charger now can i just buy the cleaner and recharger for it<<will that help??thanks alot

Old 01-23-2007, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

well if the clutch was just replaced not too long ago then maybe its not that, but it really sounds like your clutch is slipping. So maybe something else is going like a master or slave cylinder. Now i would hold off on the syncro since fixing the slipping issue may cure that problem as well. And i wasnt saying you should replace your injectors. They may just be clogged. But the only way to know that is to take them off.

Old 01-23-2007, 05:34 PM

but i mean my car is pretty old i shold just replace any way.....and also my mechanic put some long *** spark plug wires on my car..<that have any significants.....so what exactly do u recomend in doin....changin or cleaning injectors..replacing fuel filter...new clutch or master/slave cylinder.....and also there is a tiny hair like crack in my manifold< serious stuff?

Old 01-23-2007, 05:36 PM

and how exactly do i remove my injectors

Old 01-23-2007, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

This is what i would do, first that crack is a huge thing. Its probably where the preformance problem and the fuel cut problem are comming from so that needs to be done first. Then go from there. So your saying you left all the stuff that was there when you replaced the clutch, cuz usually you replace the throw out bearing with it. And how many miles ago was it that you had it replaced before.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:15 PM

no i had a stage 2 clutch kit/and flywheel i had a feelin that ,that little crack was a big deal....my pluggs wires and clutch/flywheel...and everything in a clutch kit...also motor mounts!...yea so i guess ima buy a new manifold ...fuel filter ...maybe pump and injectors<<what cc u suggest?? thanks for all ur help!the miles on the car when all that was done i think around 96000...maybe and now i have 98000...ruff estiimate...

Old 01-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

yea there is no way you need a new clutch then. Id say fix the manifold and go from there.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:45 PM

2Gs are notorious with clutch adjustment issues. Adjust your clutch pedal some as per RRE Flywheel and Clutch info
Do you slip your clutch a lot? Grinding gears...have you check your fluid level and color of your tranny yet? Was the pedal adjusted after the clutch was changed?

Your "fuel cut" issue seems like a boost leak. Now which manifold are you talking about here? The intake mani or the exhaust mani? If it is the intake then, there's your boost leak.

Before doing anything else and to save you from spending money where you don't need to....do a complete tune up. New fluids, new plugs, new wires. When was the timing belt last changed? I ask because you keep saying that it's an old car

Quick Reply: repost fuel cut