Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

turbo charging a non-turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 10:31 PM
Default RE: turbo charging a non-turbo?

N8s93turbo, did you friend have anything else done to his car besides the exhaust and the turbo kit? Also which stage turbo was it? Cause I have been thinking about turboing my car but I am not sure if I want to. I have a 99 gs eclipse

Old 10-19-2004, 11:47 PM

He didnt rebuild the engine or anything, he upgraded the clutch like 2months ago, he's running stock axles and everything else, but like i said the kit comes with everything from down pipe, manifold, intercooler, to a fuel pump an injectors.

Old 10-20-2004, 11:31 PM

I have been looking at that brand for turbo kits and they have stage 1 and stage 2 last time I checked. Does he have stage 2?

Old 10-21-2004, 11:12 PM

not sure, i'll have to ask him

Old 03-10-2005, 04:33 PM

Where did you get the hahnsmotorsport turbo kit from? Just did a search and nothing comes up.

I have a friend that wants to turbo his 96 eclipse and we have been looking for a kit .

Any suggestions to some complete kits?

Old 06-03-2005, 06:13 PM

Go to www.slowboyracing.com do your research.

Old 01-06-2006, 06:18 PM

what's the wastegate set at on the hahnsmotorsport kit? Sorry about ressurrecting this one, but I'd really like to know.

Old 01-06-2006, 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: x_spearmint

what's the wastegate set at on the hahnsmotorsport kit? Sorry about ressurrecting this one, but I'd really like to know.
stage 1 is around 5psi, stage 2 is at 8psi

Old 01-09-2006, 09:41 PM

dropin a turbo into a non turbo car is fun for a while but you will eventualy lose compression in you engin and make alot of mechanical bills for yourself. the best thing to do is go with supercharging a car because your supercharger is producing more power from teh begining and you dont have to wait for your turbo to kick in.... superchargers are also alot better for your engine because there not running the same kind of boost...therefor you will have you engine for alot longer then you would with a turbo...upgradin your already turbo engine is fine.

Old 01-10-2006, 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: PROUDOWNEROFASKYLINE

dropin a turbo into a non turbo car is fun for a while but you will eventualy lose compression in you engin and make alot of mechanical bills for yourself. the best thing to do is go with supercharging a car because your supercharger is producing more power from teh begining and you dont have to wait for your turbo to kick in.... superchargers are also alot better for your engine because there not running the same kind of boost...therefor you will have you engine for alot longer then you would with a turbo...upgradin your already turbo engine is fine.
you sir are wrong

Quick Reply: turbo charging a non-turbo?