Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Turbo kit for Lancer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Default Turbo kit for Lancer?

Hi I'm new to the forms obviously, and new to mitsubishi. I have a 2003 Mazdaspeed protege that I have learned much about and is my first turbo car. Right now my brother is looking to buy a car and since his price range is way below an EVO. I was wondering how common or possible it would be to make an EVO conversion, by making a normal N/A lancer into a turboed car. I know the basics for proteges but was wondering if it was similar for lancers, and if the engines are the same type of engine in most cases and if it can take it with the correct tuning and parts and whatnot. Thanks for your time.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Default RE: Turbo kit for Lancer?

bump.... anyone use this forum??.. I had already found out that it is possible, but I wanted to see if you guys had an experience with it, and how common is it.. hopefully its not a dead zone. thanks

Old 02-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Just to give you an idea....to build the lancer to be able to handle boost correctly would probably cost you total (including the cost of the car) the same as just buying an evo. What exactly is his price range. Because 03-04 Evo's have really gone down in price as of late

Old 02-15-2009, 06:30 PM

oh, the idea that I had was to find a wrecked evo, at some time (that would have good parts in the engine and ECU) and just do the conversion, but I didn't know if the engines were the same as in the lancer OZ, his price range is only enough right now to even get an lancer which is frankly only around $5-6k, I was just thinking that he could get the car now and down the road he would have the option of doing it.

Just out of curiosity, if I were able to get the parts, for the kit, say, the exhaust mani, turbo,downpipes, oillines going to the turbo ect.. the ECU, the intercooler, and maybe the fans or w/e else is needed in that section (along with pipes) is it fairly a straight forward conversion, or do you have to really work with the car and custom fit pieces and all that into the car, because with the experience with the protege is that it is essentials the same car but with the stuff added in to make it turboed for the mazdaspeed protege, I was just wondering if it was similar for the lancer's. but thank you for the info.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:28 PM

Go to roadracemotorsports.com. They sell a number of complete turbo kits for the 2003 Lancer, ranging between $3000-$5000. This is your best bet, as these kits have been tuned and tested on the Lancer, and will not give you reliability issues.