Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Turbo Possibility

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Turbo Possibility

you only need ALL of that stuff if you plan on running more than 8psi like he said. But for under 8 psi you should be able to stay with the stock internals.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:22 PM

alright, well im still not sure whether im gonna just stay stock internals and keep it at 8 all the time or im really thinkin i just wanna build it now and have all the hp that ill ever need with the thing, hahaha, but then again im prob only gonna have the money to get the new 420a and the turbo and then that basic stuff to support it, yea im just gonna do that, then start saving again and then hopefully next summer after this one ill be able to do the rest and have a beast of a base model eclipse, hahaha

Old 01-16-2008, 11:59 PM

well injectors depend on alot of things ive got an forumla to find out the injector size but i have to find it in my paper work. but yea i have done alot of rechearch about this topic i am planing on trying to get at least 700 hp out of mine it is a 95 talon esi 5 sp. i got carbon fiber hood x-2 fenders i think 2 inch 1.5 in lowering kit blitz fornt bumper makes a nice fmic bumper and allows more air in i plan on runing 30+ psi but it is a work in progerss i geting the blocked sleeved, forged strocker crank to make it a 2.2 i belive then port polish titunim valves bronz guids stifer valve springs stage 5 cluch limeted slip diff. all the list above and i will crose my fingers and hope i hit over 700 if not time to tare back down and redo it. but i need a carbon fiber doors and rear truck hatch.get ridof as much weight as i can. they will all be painted but the hood. and then i may have to and the famous n2o or nos as some people call it. to get it going alitle faster. but my build will cost about 20000 dallors. and their isnt even going to be tvs in it. just a stero system and speed with looks too i am hoping should be done next winter completed i am hoping.

[/align]

Old 01-17-2008, 01:37 AM

4G63 head will not go on. the timing belts are on the oppisite sides.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

bwahahahahahahah 700WHP on a FWD 420a....what a joke. Good luck buddy....what a complete waste that will never happen

Seriously if you ever get near that more power to you. But it would cost a HELLAVALOT more than 20k buddy. Maybe you should go back to the drawing board and look at everything you need. People spend more than that only only get 400whp

Old 01-17-2008, 09:21 AM

ahhh, yea, forgot bout that, hahaha, that pisses me off too tho that the only way i could get a 4g63 motor in there is to cut out the old mounts and put them the way a 4g63 needs them, ohh well, a built 420a with a turbo will do just fine for me, hahaha

the esi is the 420a like mine right? i dont really know the talons well, hahaha, even tho there basically the same car, haha, but ya, woww, 700hp, that sounds like thats gonna be a fun project, idk if your gonna get to that but itll be insane if you do man, best of luck to that, haha

Old 01-17-2008, 02:10 PM

um u add enogh boost and n2o you can hit that buddy i not talking a streetable car hann racecragt had a talon that will do 9 and hase 600+ hp with out n2o so u do the math wat is 600 + lets say just a 100 hp shot of n20 that = 700 but they did not even strock the motor and it need to be tuned to the tip of a needle and when you can get all the michine work done for free and since i work at a sleeve manf. i am geting specil order sleeves to handle the power. and i run a cnc michine so baiscly i can make custom parts. but yea if you stick more then 20000 in the engin and tranny you are either geting riped off or feel like throwing the money around but i didnt come here to fight i cam to give advice.

[/align]

Old 01-17-2008, 04:48 PM

ORIGINAL: 95talonesi

um u add enogh boost and n2o you can hit that buddy i not talking a streetable car hann racecragt had a talon that will do 9 and hase 600+ hp with out n2o so u do the math wat is 600 + lets say just a 100 hp shot of n20 that = 700 but they did not even strock the motor and it need to be tuned to the tip of a needle and when you can get all the michine work done for free and since i work at a sleeve manf. i am geting specil order sleeves to handle the power. and i run a cnc michine so baiscly i can make custom parts. but yea if you stick more then 20000 in the engin and tranny you are either geting riped off or feel like throwing the money around but i didnt come here to fight i cam to give advice.

[/align]
$20k is just enough to get an Evo into the 9s. Forget the 420a. It wont happen on that budget not even close. $20k will get you low 11s but not anywhere near 9s. Go re calculate your stuff because you are deff not even close. I have $10k into my Evo and it is only a high 11 sec car. $15k can get me 10s if im lucky.

You have very big dreams. I think you need a reality check honestly. and Im not trying to be a dick about it but im not going to feed into your fire when it is false.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

i think your forgetting also alot of key things. Like i highly doubt that the stock tranny and axxles are gonna hold up to this kinda power. Let alone how are you gonna have any traction with this. And you think hahn only spent 20k on their shop cars. Also i want to see some proof of this 600hp 9 sec 420a cuz ive never heard of it. I know hahn has the fastest 420a but i didnt think it was in the 9's

Old 01-17-2008, 06:11 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

i think your forgetting also alot of key things. Like i highly doubt that the stock tranny and axxles are gonna hold up to this kinda power. Let alone how are you gonna have any traction with this. And you think hahn only spent 20k on their shop cars. Also i want to see some proof of this 600hp 9 sec 420a cuz ive never heard of it. I know hahn has the fastest 420a but i didnt think it was in the 9's
add to the fact that in order for Evos to reach 9.9X in the 1\4 need 640HP (david buschurs car is 642hp and ran a 9.98)or so and that is on a car that does not suffer from traction issues like FWD.

Quick Reply: Turbo Possibility