Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

turbo or supercharger on a N/A??

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 11:48 PM
Default RE: turbo or supercharger on a N/A??

It might be a pain in the *** to put in and install, but check i.t i'll have to get another car which will be a gsx. yeah its stronger but how much? its about 9 grand plus upgrading your turbo, intake, etc. thats hitting high 10 grand., but since i have a weaker engine all have to do is rebuild it. thats about 800-900. bore it out to about 2.2-2.4, port polishing, aluminum forged pistons=2 to 3 grand. plus a supercharger,4to1 headers, intake, intake manifold, ecu, exhaust and of course tuning.thats already surpassing a gsx turbo charged. all together its about less than 10 grand. there is always an alternate source of power which can be equal or exceed the common source of power.

Old 07-28-2005, 11:17 PM

so what supercharger are you going to run??? and yes it will be cheaper to put the supercharger on the car you have now instead of getting a 9 grand gsx and upgrading everything. anyway ya i think the supercharger will be alot of FUN!!! and i hope to see some pictures of this!! if you need help with anything like i said pm me

brandon GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-29-2005, 01:46 AM

ORIGINAL: bjsstang05

ORIGINAL: DSMTalonAWD51

what makes you think supercharger is plug n play? IMO turbos are cheaper anbd less hassle for your application
for a junkyard turbo its cheap but for a aftermarket one like hks, turbosnetics their like 3 or 4 grand just for a good one. superchargers are much cheaper and you dont have to "spool" the turbo to get it going superchargers are plug and play but can take up to 4 to 6 hours to install and work with most stock computers and fuel. no offense to turbo guys.

brandon
a. youd have to be a moron to spend 4grand on a turbo. you can get turbos that produce over 500whp for less than 1 grand. get a mitsu 16g brand new for $500
b. superchargers are not cheaper and in order to use it with stock fuel settings you have to boost so low that it makes almost no difference at all. theres a reason people dont make supercharger kits for na eclipse
c. hks doesnt make turbos

whether you go with turbo or supercharger you are going to be spending money and time with custon piping. unless you are doing it just for the satisfaction of building the kit yourself and you have a lotof knowledge/fabrication experience, prepare for headaches. not trying to be negative about the idea, just truthful, its a lot more work than it sounds, and its not really going to pay off much either, you are going to have an unreliable car that runs high 14's/low 15's

Old 07-30-2005, 06:55 PM

Old 07-31-2005, 12:34 AM

the mitsu trubos are the weak trubos. the mitsu trubos come stock on the 1st gen FC and they are weak as hell.

EIKI

Old 07-31-2005, 12:35 AM

the mitsu turbos are the weak turbos. the mitsu turbos come stock on the 1st gen FC and they are weak as hell.

EIKI

Old 08-01-2005, 10:19 PM

Ok then.... You can get all the parts off ebay ie. headers, y-pipe, intercooler ect... and with a T4 turbo, you can push around28 psi. (depends on how its set up) My friend has a '99 GSX with a T4 and it is great:-) And also... yes you do have to wait for it to spool up, but it is not that much time before it reaches peak boost. If you are worried about gas, well then if you drive your car nice on the streets and you have a turbo, you will not produce any boost therefore not having to compensate with fuel

Old 08-08-2005, 10:27 PM

ORIGINAL: mokylok

the mitsu trubos are the weak trubos. the mitsu trubos come stock on the 1st gen FC and they are weak as hell.

EIKI
lolz...well thats why we called it "stock" have u' heard of"frenkeinstein" turbo??

Old 08-09-2005, 04:55 AM

ORIGINAL: mokylok

the mitsu turbos are the weak turbos. the mitsu turbos come stock on the 1st gen FC and they are weak as hell.
EIKI
Very ignorant statement. I want to know where you get your information. Mitsu turbos are probably the most reliable turbos out there in fact.

Old 08-13-2005, 07:31 AM

why are we not suggesting twin turbos here? lol best set up is to have a small one and a huge one of course i know this is a very bad thing for your pocket but it is worth it lol never forget the intercooler and your waste gate and blow off valve ooooooo and down pipes

Quick Reply: turbo or supercharger on a N/A??