Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

whats a better turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006 | 04:03 AM
Default whats a better turbo?

Ok, im realy new to fixing up my car, thats why im coming to you guys. im just looking for a little help because i know NOTHING. I jsut bought a talon TSi 2.0 turbo just for the engine to put in my 94 eclipse. first question, what is the stock turbo on my 2.0 turbo talon TSi. second, i am looking at this turbo to replace it if the stock turbo is not a good turbo, which im guessing it isnt ...Hybrid T3 T04E 5-bolt Turbocharger... is it anygood and what is better or what should i get instead of that? Please help a fellow mitsubishi driver out...

Thanks, cory

Old 08-10-2006 | 12:45 PM
Banned
Default RE: whats a better turbo?

Ok it all depends what you want it for. If you want a turbo that will spool fast that T3 is NOT your turbo. The stock turbo you have on the car is a 14b. If you want a great fast spooling turbo that can make over 300hp then you should look at a GT28R or a T28 Killer. They are basically the same thing (thanks slow).

What engine do you have in the N/T eclipse?

Old 08-10-2006 | 02:20 PM

Thanks man... where would i find this turbo and what would it burn my pocket. also is it made for my car specificly because im not to good at making the so called universal items fit.. im only 16 so its hard for me to come up with money. i have about 1k saved up and i want to get as much hp out of it as possible. give me some suggestions please.... the N/T engine i have is the 1.8 and its S.L.O.W. but its also complete stock...

thanks for the help man.

Old 08-10-2006 | 03:58 PM
Banned

why dont you just mod the 1g?

Im going to need pics of BOTH engine bays to make sure that i know what engine you have. Unless you know what it is (420a/4G63)

You can get the turbo from www.slowboyracing.com and they are a direct bolt on for a 1g and a 2g.

What mods do you have already? You will need the basics like full turbo back exhaust, intake, plugs ect...

Alternativly you could get just a simple EVI III 16g turbo. Its half the price of the GT28R and it has the ability to make more power. Although it does not spool as quick its still pretty good.

If you have any questions talk to me on AIM or something. Nitrousjunkie101

Old 08-10-2006 | 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Im going to need pics of BOTH engine bays to make sure that i know what engine you have. Unless you know what it is (420a/4G63)
Sebba he already said he has a 4g63t to put into the eclipse NT. Which right now only has a 4g37 in it. Is that correct. And your saying that the talon currently has a T3 T04E in it?

Old 08-10-2006 | 05:22 PM
Banned

no hes saying thats the one he was looking at

Old 08-10-2006 | 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

oh yea your right, in that case what year is the talon? cuz if its a 1g then as long as the turbo has no shaft play, it a good turbo to make decent power with. So if your strapt for cash i would definetly just stick with the tock one because an upgrade wont be cheap.

Old 08-10-2006 | 05:29 PM
Banned

an EVO III turbo its only like 500 bucks.

Old 08-10-2006 | 05:43 PM

is the evo turbo going to direct bolt on my car or will it take some extra work... also i already bought the 4g63t engine with the stock turbo, i dont have it yet because i just bought it yesterday and i still have to go pick it up.. my car currently has probly the worst engine out there for eclipses. its not even a DOHC... Also my car is a 1G. the eclipse is a 94 and the talon TSi that im only taking the engine out if is a 91. i did see a T3 T04E for $900 and it comes with intercooler and everything you need for a turbo, is that a good deal... or do you just suggest not getting that turbo at all? i will be able to give pics of the 2.0 Turbo when i get it to my house and im not exactly sure of condition yet. i think it is leaking a lil oil from the power steering or something he said. but i think im gunna take the power steering off anyways cuz my eclipse doesnt have it right now anyways and its not realy that hard to turn. it also makes it feel like you have more control. if i forgot anything let me know, and thanks alot guys for helping out...

Old 08-10-2006 | 05:52 PM
Banned

ok the EVO III 16g does bolt right up.

Quick Reply: whats a better turbo?