Off Road You go muddin' lately? Share your story... Is that ride of yours a rock climber? Show us in here.

Dont buy a jeep

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 12:04 AM
Default Dont buy a jeep

I cracked the axel and ripped the diff to shreds off road and its like 4000 to fix that why i got rid of it and bought a DMS to have the engine break on me after 250 miles

Old 11-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Default RE: Dont buy a jeep

you bought a DSM not DMS and every one knows the rear axles in jeeps suck

Old 11-27-2006, 11:40 PM

Typo and it was both actually. I cracked them

Old 11-30-2006, 09:09 PM

What model of Jeep was it? Cuz I'm on my second Cherokee with the 4.0L H.O. and I love it...My first one went through about anything and I never once had a problem with it..The thing about the Cherokees is they rot out underneath which was the case with my first one.

Old 12-01-2006, 01:24 AM

it was a 2000 Grand Cherokee laredo V8 witha K&N intake, Bridgestone Dualer REVO's AT 245/75/16 ( yes they rubbed ), and a chip. I had it to about 270 to the street with some other little things done to it like throttle body spacer and such.

But lets see what i have dont to it.
123 M.P.H about every chance i had
Mudding 4 times a week at least
Off road at the beach about twice a week
Jumped it at 70 MPH once ( scared the **** out of me ) and got about 3 feet of air
Jumped it on the beach at about 50-60 ( assatuge beach in maryland)
Donuts ( the best i could do with a all time 4X4)
50 through deep as MUDD puddles and not the ones on the side of the road like legit MUD
Pulled people out with it all the time
Drifted turns with it ( only when wet)
Hit a fence at 50mph with the *** because i failed drifting once
Got stuck to the point where no tires were touching the ground, it was resting on the frame and water was coming in through the doors, and it took two other jeeps to pull my dumbass out.
And the day that i sold the car i got my first ticket for doing 71 in a 50=$160 after talking him down some

I beat the hell out of it

Old 12-01-2006, 09:32 PM

ORIGINAL: BlackMurcielago
I beat the hell out of it
Exactly why you think it's junk LOL...Sounds like you had a lotta fun with it though...I have had mine muddin'...It's a '96 Cherokee Sport..I use it for hunting, fishing, and mudding when I'm drunk LOL...it's a lot more fun that way

Old 12-01-2006, 11:56 PM

Oh hell yeah i had a blast with it just my pocket was getting empty i had to sel it lol.

Old 12-02-2006, 03:23 PM

I think the Grand Cherokees were built just for every day cruising on the road, not for off-roading..Built kinda more like a car or basically just a people hauler...I don't think they were built as sturdy as the Wrangler and the Cherokee which were more of an off-road type vehicle...I think i saw a show once called "Trucks!" and they were turning a Grand Cherokee into an "ultimate off-roader" and I think they switched out both axles, suspension of course, beefed up 4 x4 system and everything else...It was pretty cool when they were finished actually.

Old 12-06-2006, 11:54 PM

man you drove that thing pretty hard but so far my wrangler has held up pretty well. Also that thing is so fun in the rain with its short wheel base.

Old 12-07-2006, 05:58 PM

Damn straightt it was fun in the rain lol i live around this huge turn so iv gotten the drift down to a science lol

Quick Reply: Dont buy a jeep