Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

10 YR. OLD BOY DYING AWAITING HEART TRANSPLANT IN CHICAGO

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 10:04 AM
Default 10 YR. OLD BOY DYING AWAITING HEART TRANSPLANT IN CHICAGO

( I TOOK THIS FROM ANOTHER FORUM THAT I'M ON IN HOPES TO HELP THIS KID & HIS FAMILY. IF YOU KNOW OF ANOTHER FORUM TO POST THIS ON, THEN DO SO TO GET THE WORD OUT, SAVE BRENDAN!)

To all my fellow car enthusiasts, I am pasting a post I made on the Chicago Bears Message Boards about my 10 yr old nephew's best friend who is in PICU at Children's Memorial in Chicago. Please read it even if you ain't a Bears fans. I am trying to spread this message about him and the whole organ donation issue as far as I can. There is more to life than cars as you will see on this website. It just kind of puts things into perspective. Both HIM and HIS MOM NEED ALL THE HELP THEY CAN GET!

Hello everyone. I am posting this on here so hopefully word can get around. My nephew's best friend Brendan is currently in Intensive care at Childrens Memorial hospital in Chicago. His story is a touching one, and this young Chicagoan and Bears Fan is literally fighting for his life awaiting a heart transplant. Please read his story at www.savebrendan.com and if you can, please come to the rally. The following is taken with permission from Brendan's mom, off of the website, about the rally tuesday at the John Hancock Center in Chicago.

"On Tuesday, December 13th at the John Hancock Center in Chicago from 10am-5pm there will be a rally to raise awareness of Brendan's plight. The rally will include a display of 6,703 roses, each signifying a life that was lost last year while waiting for an organ transplant.

Show your support by stopping by and saying hello, or even volunteering during your lunch hour to hand out flyers, tell people about the website, or hand out organ donor cards."