Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

For all of you that do 110MPH on foreign roads...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 06:47 PM
Default For all of you that do 110MPH on foreign roads...

When i was a freshman at Decatur High there were 3 people graduating. Did not know them or anything what so ever.
Two nights ago they were going down this road thats about 3/4 of a mile long in a brand new Lincon Zephyr. The road at the ends make a sharp *** S turn that you can go max 45 around. Well these three kids were doing 110MPH and counld obvisously not navigate the turn, they turned went straight and slammed into a brick wall taht was backed with dirt and a sign for a development. When they went off the road they hit the grass and bottomed out obvisously and hit the wall jumped the whole sigh for the development witch is about 10 feet high, landed, ruptured the fuel tank, and the car burst into flames. I saw it today at the local lot. I decieded to look in it and i could nto beleive what i saw. There was hair and skin burned to the seat. But they did die on inpact and did not burn to death witch i guess is good thing.

But next time anyone speeds redicously on a road please know the road.

Old 12-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Default RE: For all of you that do 110MPH on foreign roads...

wow, a guy from our school was speeding, hit black ice and rolled it. He was ejected and died cuz he didnt have a seat belt. I generally go 5 over maybe 10

Old 12-15-2006, 06:54 PM

Damn, thats almost as bad as that lambo pic that was posted a few months back

Old 12-15-2006, 06:57 PM

haha i shouldnt post this, but i was drivin my dads porsche with him today so i could get one last run in before winter time. we were on a back country road and he told me to floor it, so i did and before i knew it we were at 110, thats when he made me slow down. that was 4th gear, i still had 5 and 6 to go

Old 12-15-2006, 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: estraw

haha i shouldnt post this, but i was drivin my dads porsche with him today so i could get one last run in before winter time. we were on a back country road and he told me to floor it, so i did and before i knew it we were at 110, thats when he made me slow down. that was 4th gear, i still had 5 and 6 to go
guy i know has a porsche that tops out 2nd at 95mph

Old 12-15-2006, 07:11 PM

its not i dont condone speeding lol i love going fast me and my uncle go 160-170 all the time . he has a 2004 viper srt not the rt or gst and a vanquish S. im just saying its stupid doing it on roads that you dont know

Old 12-15-2006, 08:54 PM

same thing happened to me... kinda, one day I was crusing home from school, going bout 65 in a 45 and this kid in a crown vic blew by me (found out that he was doing a buck) got about 200 feet in front of me and flipped the car into the woods. **** was nuts.

Old 12-16-2006, 09:17 PM

ORIGINAL: slow420a

same thing happened to me... kinda, one day I was crusing home from school, going bout 65 in a 45 and this kid in a crown vic blew by me (found out that he was doing a buck) got about 200 feet in front of me and flipped the car into the woods. **** was nuts.

wow that had to be crazy to see happening right in front of you

Old 12-18-2006, 08:45 PM

I say save the speed for the track... a lot slimmer chance of getting hurt or killed there...I have had friends from high school wreck and die because they were going way too fast for the road they were on...the speed is not worth your life and others' as well.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:36 PM

After run ins with cops for speeding and racing friends my speeding days are done. Like I generally do like 5 or 10 over, depending on the roads and how well I know them. But I honestly think if you're doing 65+ just for the hell of it you're just asking for trouble... of course there are varying degrees depending on traffic, road conditions etc. I mean if I got a high performance vehicle (such as a Viper) I'd open it up on the track and baby that thing on the highway.

Quick Reply: For all of you that do 110MPH on foreign roads...