Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Am I seeing right?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Rob
Banned
Default Am I seeing right?

My thread gets deleted, but the last 4 threads in the Off Topic that are spam don't?

Real classy.

By the way, where's my recognition for donating to this site? Do I have to file a claim via Paypal?

Old 03-01-2009, 03:46 PM

i thought you were leaving

Old 03-01-2009, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rob
Rob/Retired from this POS.
**shugges**

No offence to you Rob but I deleted your post. I enjoy your forum, however if I did not, and I posted in the same manor over their you cant say you would have left it alone.

If you do not wish to use this forum that is your choice. We still have some active members here who like using these boards as well.

Don't act like you are surprised your thread dissapeared. You posted it with that as your intention. Not saying I don't argee with some or most of what you said but you know how this works. I have let things go here when it comes to people, yourself included, advertise your forum. Technically we are supposed to delete anything linking to other boards , technically. I let those go for one because I like your boards and it is no secret at the time your site was no doubt more reliable (it actually worked lol)

Last edited by EMonz57; 03-01-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Rob
Banned

I hope you're on Internet Brands payroll, because you're going to lose a lot of dignity standing up for this forum. No offense to you at all, but another sell out forum is just terrible.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

i really dont understand your problem Rob. There are people that come on here that generally need questions answered and most of the people on here try to answer them.

Is it who runs the forum that bothers you?

I mean i really like going on your forum and checking out some nice cars and posting in OT. But i still like comming here because i like trying to help people with their issues.

Once again if you dont like this site, then dont come on it, its as simple as that. I dont like dsmtuners....so i simply dont go there...

Old 03-02-2009, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Rob
I hope you're on Internet Brands payroll, because you're going to lose a lot of dignity standing up for this forum. No offense to you at all, but another sell out forum is just terrible.
Me being on the payroll has nothing to do with anything, and for what it is worth I am not. I come here to help out. As I did on your board as well. If is wasn't for a few techy guys on your site what would you have to offer? NO tech help thats for damn sure and I understand your place is not about that. Well perhaps this site is not about strickly OT in every single section and posting pics all over the damn place. Some people here do 'try' to help out with tech issues and that is why people are usually here.

I am not standing up for this place. I never said I didn't agree with you , however ALL forums do have rules. Im sure you have set rules in place for your board as well ,no? If I came onto your site making threads saying your forum sucked, was a sell out, terrible or whatever are you telling me that you would just leave the thread there for all the public to see? For some reason I think that I would most likely be banned and the thread deleted. Im not defending the site, like i said to do agree with you for the most part BUT I am a moderator here and I have specific rules to follow and make sure our active members follow.

I don't need to bore you with the politics of it, you know exactly why I deleted your thread, and you knw how this all works

Old 03-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Rob
Banned

I'd like to help out the members when I can, but I can barely navigate my way around all the ads.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:01 PM

Don't be an ***. You know how these places work. Advertisment is the $ maker in most cases. Not that ebay garage is what I want to see but what can you do. The ads have always been up and have never seemed to cause any issues with anyone but you.

Annoying, yes. In the way, not really. Its not like you have to click on them or anything. To be honest I dont think any forum I have ever once clicked on an advertisment ad.

I do laugh at this sites advertisments from time to time though. For example , this is a Mitsu forum so why not have this as and ad on the side

The 2009 Honda Accord
See the 2009 Honda Accord at the Official Honda Autos Web Site.
www.honda.com

That makes a whole lot of sence ,but who am I to say

Old 03-03-2009, 12:45 AM
Banned

Come on dude, lets not deny. This site has gone to hell, and we all know it.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Sebba
Come on dude, lets not deny. This site has gone to hell, and we all know it.
Im not denying anything dude. The upgrade is done all of the features are up and working properly now so the site is fine as of right now. The only issue I have with this board is the stupid ebay ads all over the place.

We lost alot of activity due to all the issues before the upgrade, it is what it is. I also left and stopped coming here for a good 2 months.

Quick Reply: Am I seeing right?