Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

AWD: Love it or Hate it

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Default AWD: Love it or Hate it

Ok so we had a small discussion on how AWD blows from a roll. Well a hour ago I found how bad it really is. I was driving along I end up with a 240sx with a SR20DET swap I tried to talk with him but he had his Bone Thugs N Harmony pounding lol I noticed he had a Apexi AVC-R Electric Boost controller but no gauges in sight and exhaust made some noise but looked stock It might have been one of those "stealth" exhaust that look stock but flow as good as aftermarket.

Well anyway from a slow roll in first gear we raced maybe from 10-75ish I beat him by at least a car and a half maybe even more. He comes up next to me gives me thumbs up and he was laughing like a little kid like YESSS that was awsome lol, then we go again from 60-80 I have to start in 3rd because second tops at about 55ish. so any way in 3rd gear when I had to shut down I was at about 6500RPMs and I just starting to pull away at about 5500Rpms When I let out I was only a half of a car ahead of him, if we had more room I would have kept pullin I think but it was close from a fast roll.

AWD from 1st or 2nd gear is awsome but 3rd is a little slower[:-]

Old 02-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Default RE: AWD: Love it or Hate it

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

Ok so we had a small discussion on how AWD blows from a roll. Well a hour ago I found how bad it really is. I was driving along I end up with a 240sx with a SR20DET swap I tried to talk with him but he had his Bone Thugs N Harmony pounding lol I noticed he had a Apexi AVC-R Electric Boost controller but no gauges in sight and exhaust made some noise but looked stock It might have been one of those "stealth" exhaust that look stock but flow as good as aftermarket.

Well anyway from a slow roll in first gear we raced maybe from 10-75ish I beat him by at least a car and a half maybe even more. He comes up next to me gives me thumbs up and he was laughing like a little kid like YESSS that was awsome lol, then we go again from 60-80 I have to start in 3rd because second tops at about 55ish. so any way in 3rd gear when I had to shut down I was at about 6500RPMs and I just starting to pull away at about 5500Rpms When I let out I was only a half of a car ahead of him, if we had more room I would have kept pullin I think but it was close from a fast roll.

maybe he would of turned up his boost and ate your *** for dinner.

Old 02-22-2006, 10:30 PM

ORIGINAL: player69x

maybe he would of turned up his boost and ate your *** for dinner.
its not as easy as turning up the boost espeically with the lack of good mods. I could have turned up my boost 3 more PSI if I wanted to but I dont like putting my car on the edge on fuel cutting so I stay safe and at least I can tune for higher boost with what I could see that wasnt happening in his car. and from a 1st gear roll he had no chance I walked him instantly it would have only been worse if he had more boost to help the tire spinning problem

Old 02-22-2006, 10:32 PM

You really just want to hear about me losing a race...why?

I have lost to a GSt before I had exhaust or the SAFCII and he had a 16G upgrade front mount exhaust intake upper and lower IC pipes greddy type S SAFCII and Greddy electic boost controller. If that makes you feel better

Old 02-22-2006, 10:34 PM
Banned

I have lost to a GSt before I had exhaust or the SAFCII and he had a 16G upgrade front mount exhaust intake upper and lower IC pipes greddy type S SAFCII and Greddy electic boost controller. If that makes you feel better
HE HAD A BOV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-22-2006, 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: NESpeed

HE HAD A BOV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks that made my day. so from now on if u want to make my day just tell me about a race you lost.

Old 02-22-2006, 10:42 PM
Banned

He wont be losing races if I get my hands on that car So don't get your hopes up.

Old 02-22-2006, 10:55 PM

I think that would be more your gearing than your awd. You lost because at that type of a start he was able to jump on you. My one friend with an ss raced a 03 cobra, same difference the ss was faster then the cobra but from different starting speeds the cobra was able to win.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:21 PM
Banned

Its a known fact that AWD affects your top end, thats why they have low traps.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

I'd let ya get a hold of my car but I don't know if I'd be able to handle it when you were done...

Quick Reply: AWD: Love it or Hate it