Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

AWD: Love it or Hate it

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 11:28 PM
Banned
Default RE: AWD: Love it or Hate it

Ya , bring that conguest up here, we'll make a nice drifter out of that.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:31 PM

I looove AWD. I would've gotten a GSX if i could have gotten the same condition my GS-T is in with the same amount of miles.
(53 on engine, turbo, and tranny 114 on body)
The only GSX's that i found that were around for sale needed a lot of work which i can't afford at the moment. Someday maybe.

I have to agree anout the gears. I race a buddy of mine's WRX (i know, don't compare evos and wrxs). anyway, i beat him at the light, but he cought up and passed me. His wrx has a muffler, so it's 90% stock. didn't beat me by a huge distance though

Old 02-22-2006, 11:44 PM

AWD should always win from a stop or always have the advantage. from a roll AWD is no so hot. it isnt the gearing it is the power loss to move all the extra drivetrain.

and Player69 that is actually the only race I have lost that I can think of off the top of my head

Old 02-22-2006, 11:53 PM

I stand corrected

http://www.racingflix.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=749

Old 02-22-2006, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: NESpeed

Ya , bring that conguest up here, we'll make a nice drifter out of that.
if I had the $ to get shyt done to it I would in a heartbeat... I'm kinda close to broke and the car don't run right at the moment. I told you what it's doing didn't I? The sputtering and sounding like it's got backfire at about 3K and the fact that I KNOW it's missing on at least 1 cylinder and have no idea how close the stock boost guage is....

Old 02-23-2006, 12:30 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

AWD should always win from a stop or always have the advantage. from a roll AWD is no so hot. it isnt the gearing it is the power loss to move all the extra drivetrain.

and Player69 that is actually the only race I have lost that I can think of off the top of my head

I dont know Mike, I think this summer I will hang with your AWD from a stop

Sanguinius just get the car towed up!!

Old 02-23-2006, 12:42 AM

My transfer case with smoke you... BUt you know what I mean stock tires no suspension AWD has the advantage of course RWD can always find a way to out launch one with some extra toys. Like your DRs I think I will pull on you slightly till you hit spool up at like 4500RPMs then ill be smoked you know I have faster spool up MUHAHAHA... no ill get smoked pretty bad its bull I need my 42r then we car race and we can put in the turbo and you can pretend you dont know I have it and ill keep saying its my friends car he has a 42r not me just so happens we share the same lisence plates too

Old 02-23-2006, 12:44 AM
Banned

Ya before I do anymore mods we will get a race on video, just to see who can launch better

Old 02-23-2006, 12:48 AM

Ya before I do anymore mods we will get a race on video, just to see who can launch better
Bull my transfer case...plus I will need to hold the camera and tape it and drive since john cant use a camera to save his life LOL

Old 02-23-2006, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator

I have a total of $450 left to my name and no job in sight... Again leaving me with no $ for mods or the tow to get there I wish I were finished with college already and had that high payin job LOL...

Quick Reply: AWD: Love it or Hate it