Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

C++ Programming

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 11:21 AM
Default C++ Programming

Does anyone here happen to work with C or C++ programming? Preferably C++.

Old 03-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Default RE: C++ Programming

I havent , but I was supposed to a long time ago in High School but they got cheap and it never happend

Old 03-29-2006, 12:25 PM

C++ in high school? The most I got out of high school was Cisco networking.. and to get that I had to go to a seperate school and pay bunches of extra cash. lol

Old 03-29-2006, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

i have taken fortran. HAHA. I had to take a stupid programing class and i heard it was the easiest so there ya go

Old 03-29-2006, 12:32 PM

I've never even heard of fortran? Is it antient or just not very powerful. I'm reading an online book to learn some C++. I only have about 4 days experience with it, but it's not seeming all too hard. I haven't reached the advanced stuff yet.

But anywho, the point of the thread was to see if there was someone who enjoyed practicing code with another person, taking turns debugging each others code, writing viruses to destory the internet forever, you know.. the basics. I just find it easier to learn when someone else helps out.. you know, since I dont have a teacher. lol (screw college! )

Old 03-29-2006, 03:41 PM

Well I didnt get to take it the school got it after I graduated... they were supposed to offer it for us my sophmore year but never happened

Old 03-29-2006, 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

Well I didnt get to take it the school got it after I graduated... they were supposed to offer it for us my sophmore year but never happened
Suckage for you my friend.

Old 03-29-2006, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

First off the EASIEST code will be basic. Fortran is kinda old and slightly outdated. Most High schools where I lived used an AS 400 mainframe system and programmed in COBOL yet another outdated language with the advent of Windows platforms. Also mind you the mainframe setup of the AS 400 is ALSO SLLLOOOOWWWWW and largely outdated. Mostly smaller companies running it now.

I have taken a bit of basic, COBOL, Fortran, Pascal, C, C++, and am in college for Web Design (HTML, XHTML, Java, J++). I don't remember half the C++ shyt BUT I wouldn't mind bantering back and forth and relearning some of this shyt. (No viruses please though I have enough trouble as is and am about to wipe a drive cuz of them.)

Old 03-29-2006, 04:44 PM

Tell ya what Sang... how about you and I call it a truce with the bitching at each other ... I will stop getting into it (publicly) with Amber... and we can exchange some stuff. I do basic HTML, but never got serious with it. C++ is much more interesting.

Sound coolio? [:-]

(and I dont know enough to write viruses yet )

Old 03-29-2006, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah the fighting with Amber really needs to stop. Draggin me into it all was just the point I said enough. I've been out of the C++ style or a while but I still have most of my books and can start running through it all. I also have the MS Visual C++ library reference. ($150 worth on books I paid less than $5 for them W00T_

Quick Reply: C++ Programming