Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Car accident =[

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Banned
Default Car accident =[

R.I.P Nala. =[

Thanks to someone who decided they didn't want to pay attention to the fact that someone was actually driving in front of them, this is what's left of the back of my car. A Dodge Dakota slammed right on into me.I'm in a neck brace for awhile, as well as a brace for my knee and right wrist. The thing I'm most thankful for though is the fact that no one else was in the car. Since it's such an old car the insurance company is going to wreck it, though while I need to get a new car, I still want to keep this one and work on her? The insidesof the trunk and thelightsand whatnot haveto becompletely rewired and reworked, not to mention all of the body workit need. Anyone want to help?

Old 05-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Default RE: Car accident =[

damn that sucks sry to hear about it..and if the insurance company totals your car you cant keep it....just buy a GSX or something totally rad

Old 05-01-2007, 01:27 PM

sorry to hear about it bro but hey... how much are you getting from INsuance?

Old 05-01-2007, 01:29 PM

that sucks............sorry to hear bout your accident.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Banned

thanks everyone.

so far they haven't given any specific numbers, but i'm going to take the guy to court. the insurance dude isn't taking into the account all of the body work and custom graphics that were done to the car, not to mention the stereo system. it might have been an older model, but it had alot of work done to it. they want to go by just the kelley blue book value. they told me though, that since i'm a woman driver, the judge is going to lean more towards my side of the case. sexist, but it's in my favor so i'm not going to complain. any suggestions as to what kind of car i should get in the meantime? they're paying for my rental car. =]

Old 05-01-2007, 01:38 PM

for a rental get a cobalt :-P i had one for like 2 weeks and i beat the **** out of it...and it seemed to have mroe 'spunk' than my eclipse :-p

as for the insurance quote, a lot of the time they really dont care about extras on the car you really have to be able to show much you paid for each thing for them to even gander at them

Old 05-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Banned

Colbolt's aren't bad.

I actually have the receipt for everything I bought for the car, just in case anything like this happened to it. What I can do for the labor I put into it is take the average salary of a mechanic and do all the calculations and come up with a general idea. Hopefully things will work out.

Old 05-01-2007, 01:45 PM

wtg saving all the reciepts thats one thing i never do :-P i dont think they will worry about labor costs because thats not something tangeble but as long as you have a list of things on the car and everything you have paid for you should be dip-set....and if they total the car for KBB then i would just tell them that you want your engine mods out of it and your steareo(sp) and what ever elts you can get

Old 05-01-2007, 01:45 PM

Unlessyou have some other kind of insurance that Im unaware of, I thought even full coverage only (if your car is totalled) will give you the blue bbok value of the car?

Old 05-01-2007, 01:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Dusty Eclipse

Unlessyou have some other kind of insurance that Im unaware of, I thought even full coverage only (if your car is totalled) will give you the blue bbok value of the car?
its something like 'additional insurance' or something like that...its mainly for show cars but it covers 'extra' stuff you put on your car with no hassle..but sometimes you can get away with showing paper work and they will still pay for the extra parts...its luck of the draw.....

i say to get more out of your car, come out in a bathrobe and be like "oh sry mr insurance quoter i didnt know youd be here so early" :-P

Quick Reply: Car accident =[