Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

custom turbo manifold

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Default custom turbo manifold

i'm looking for a company that makes custom turbo manifolds. i have everything down on paper that i want to do. i'm looking for a company to make me a nonTwin Scroll manifold that will allow me to keep my AC and also fit a 35r. the only twin scroll manifolds i can find for b-series engines is the top mount but it requires you to get rid of your ac. and i want it.

no critisizing, no b.s'ing, want to make this a quick answered thread.

i know somebody is going to ask why i want to put a mammoth turbo like that on a 1.8. i WANT lag. i like the fact that i could run up on a 400-450whp EVO and for the first 2 seconds of a race have him pull on me hard but then once i spool, RUN past him. that and i want a turbo that will allow me to build off of if i decide to build the block down the road. but i DO want the twin scroll to give me as fast a spool as possible with that big of a turbo. from other honda ppl they say that a regular 35r on a GSR engine spools about 5500-5800rpm's. with the twin scroll i'd like to knock that down to 5000-5200.
the other reason is that i'm going to be building this car to run as reliably and efficient as it can. before i even start piecing together my turbo kit i'll be doing quite a bit of suporting mods to keep my engine running cool and efficient. having a 35r pushing no more than 300whp will ensure that the turbo has a long, reliable, and not so hot life. i know i could put a gt28r on that thing, spool at 3k and be a street king but that also comes with high PSI numbers which = high temps. i want reliability.

Old 02-12-2008, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: custom turbo manifold

Your gonna find it very difficult and very expensive to have a custom manifold like that made. My suggestion, your gonna be running a huge turbo..deal with the heat. Because hey you should be going fast enough for the wind to come into the car anyway, right?

Old 02-12-2008, 02:11 PM

My suggestion, your gonna be running a huge turbo..deal with the heat.
wait... lol the 28r will be a higher PSI to push 300-350whp so it will be hotter. the 35r would only be pushing like 1/2 of it's possible power so it won't be as high of a PSI so it will be easier on the turbo as well as less heat.

i'm coming to find that yes, it's gonig to be pricey (apx 1500) but for a really nice high flowing ramhorn you are looking at 900-1000 anyways... my car is just going to be so unique anyways that i'd like to keep w/ the theme. del sol, JDM GSR engine, 99-00 JDM EK Front end, Possibly s2k tail lights... so having something siq like a twin scroll 35r will be awesome as well.

and also, again, i'm building this for reliability as well. they are good up to 379whp (guy ran that for over 2 years and never had a problem - awesome tune of course) so i'm not worried about the bottom end. i just want something that isn't every day.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

There is a guy Jim at Jm fabs/jnz tuningwho does custom manifolds and everything else, check out jnztuning.com.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:07 PM

thanks, i sent them an e-mail. anybody else know of any similar companies?

Old 02-12-2008, 03:25 PM

you check out the peakboost system? i'm not sure if it'll fit a 35r but they're good. also there's trick engineering in NH, they do all sorts of custom manifolds, here's the link http://www.trickengineering.com/index.htm, the owner has a nasty gsx, but most of the custom stuff they do is honda and toyota

Old 02-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Banned

You are spending all this on your honda?

Old 02-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

dont try and reason with him sebba, ive already tried, haha

Old 02-12-2008, 03:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba
You are spending all this on your honda?
No there's a kid down the street that has VD and i'm doing all this for him out of the goodness of my heart...

Old 02-12-2008, 03:37 PM

oh jesus, here we go. building a GST is just as stupid as building a Honda. that is a true fu**ing statement. stop being bias.

Quick Reply: custom turbo manifold